cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still no reply from Oculus support. I really hope they reform their customer service and updates after this. Unacceptable from a large company like this.

Sharkster-NVR
Protege
Together with Oculus' inability to colaborate with Nvidia to create properly working drivers for MORE THAN HALF A YEAR now, the expiration of a DLL and a GLOBAL BLACK-OUT of their hardware is the SUPERB PINNACLE OF AMATEURISM AND INCOMPETENCE.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the entire company was run by one guy on a couch (who's still asleep, so he can't respond to the global black-out of his hardware).

RIDICULOUS!
ERAZER X7849 Notebook - CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK - GPU: GTX 1070, 8 GB GDDR5 RAM - RAM: 32 GB (4x 8 GB DDR4 HYNIX PC4 17000 DUAL CHANNEL) - MAINBOARD: INTEL HM170

pbutcher
Protege

Pic0o said:

I thought I was losing my mind here.  Netstat output was nearly empty and that is odd since Oculus always has ports up.
I get the same 'Cant reach oculus runtime service' on starting up VR.  I was worried as I installed Final Fantasy XV and had to clear up installed game space.
Reinstalling came to the same result, then I saw this thread and the cert / time rollback fix.  Good lords, that is debilitating.

Trying to troubleshoot, I ran 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe' and got the attached error about 'Failed to validate OculusAppFramework.dll'u4kg0pj2pchg.png

Yeah, the DLL in that error is the problem, its expiry was today, hence it is invalid.

FlyingDoodle
Explorer
This is what you call growing pains! I'm only upset with the company for not posting SOMETHING to let users know they're working on it, or still in bed, or no clue,...anything...

Sakkura
Heroic Explorer

Crokas said:

OMG I was going crazy with this about an hour until found this forum.. is this normal???? And I am new user of Oculus!! That is unacceptable... THANX for the lame fix 😞

No it's definitely not normal. First time they've had a problem like this in 2 years. Still sucks of course, even if it will probably be fixed within a day.

Henri1970
Adventurer

I wouldn't be surprised, if the entire company was run by one guy on a couch (who's still asleep, so he can't respond to the global black-out of his hardware).

you mean Facebook dude?

Time4Laughter
Explorer
Turning the date back on the PC is not a good option for me, as I use it for work also. Pish poor performance Oculus.

STEWIE1701
Explorer

Hallefex said:

Just installed my rift yesterday ...welcome to the community I guess LOL ... hope this isn't a normal thing 

lol same here dude. I just got mine yesterday as well!

I got mine just 4 hours ago, I'm not kidding !  :'(

when we can actually get back in, we should all friend each other for games.. we can look back and laugh at how we met... or cry... either way. :/\

Sakkura
Heroic Explorer

Together with Oculus' inability to colaborate with Nvidia to create properly working drivers for MORE THAN HALF A YEAR now, the expiration of a DLL and a GLOBAL BLACK-OUT of their hardware is the SUPERB PINNACLE OF AMATEURISM AND INCOMPETENCE.

RIDICULOUS!

Nvidia's driver issues are Nvidia's responsibility. AMD hasn't been having those issues, so clearly the problem is not on Oculus' end.

Sharkster-NVR
Protege

Jhullings said:

This is what you call growing pains! I'm only upset with the company for not posting SOMETHING to let users know they're working on it, or still in bed, or no clue,...anything...

Sorry, but the guy who runs Oculus from his couch is still asleep... and he had quite a few drinks last night. I guess he'll be up around noon and check whazzup on his "support forum".

Not sure if he responds before his first few coffees though, but he'll surely get back to us later this evening as his hangover goes away. So, no need to worry...
ERAZER X7849 Notebook - CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK - GPU: GTX 1070, 8 GB GDDR5 RAM - RAM: 32 GB (4x 8 GB DDR4 HYNIX PC4 17000 DUAL CHANNEL) - MAINBOARD: INTEL HM170