cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Workrooms MacBook Pro M1 Max - connects, then disconnects.

msitarzewski
Explorer

The connection is successful, the screen flashes as if it's being resized to share, then it disconnects and goes back to the original resolution. So, Connected to Ready.

Is there still an issue with the M1 SoC?

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 07.41.55.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-10 at 07.42.04.png

54 REPLIES 54

theshawe
Honored Guest

Hi, I purchased an oculus 2 with the main reason being to use Horizon Workrooms.

Cannot get it working with my M1 MacBook either. 

Has there been any progress on this issue from December 2021? 

Can I check you’ve seen my message above @MetaQuestSupport 

justblakeyoung
Explorer

@MetaQuestSupport Same Issue in my end Any Updates or at least a timeline of when it will be fixed?

Hey Ryan any timeline for a fix? Excited to get to work 😅

AaronBaxter
Honored Guest

same issue here.

justblakeyoung
Explorer

Found a Temporary fix for all M1 users where you don't have to have your Mac in a dock. I figured out that the ORD software recognises whatever screen that has the menu bar as your main screen. So in the case of @Connorforsyth who only got it working when their Mac was closed and in a dock it's because a closed Mac swaps the menu bar to the external monitor automatically. So as you can see below until the fix is properly done all you need to do is plug in an external monitor, drag the menu bar over to that monitor and then run ORD and horizon as Normal and it should work Perfectly. Hope this helps someone 🙂 Let me know if you get it working. Love this community.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 11.01.22 am (2).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-15 at 11.01.25 am (2).png

It works. Typing this from an M1 Max. I don't have access to the laptop's display, but the external display works perfectly!

Awesome so glad that helps. Typing this inside of horizon workroom as we speak!

msitarzewski
Explorer

Horizon Workrooms 1.3 solved my problem. Check for an update!!

justblakeyoung
Explorer

Working awesome!!! for some reason it can't track the Mac book pro so I'm using the magic keyboard overlay but this is great progress thanks team!