Oculus Quest 2 controller not working after battery replacement

EtileThePro
Honored Guest

Pls help the controllers not working

20 REPLIES 20

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Please ensure that the battery compartments and terminals are free of dust, dirt and damage, and ensure that you're using batteries that are fresh as well. If the issue persists, please click here to submit a ticket so that we can help. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

LukeJames5
Honored Guest

Same thing happened to me. Remote was working fine, it needed new batteries. i changed them out and then the remote wouldn’t work. We only played the thing a few months.

H4RDCOREP4RKOUR
Protege

Hey @EtileThePro 

Sorry this is so late a response to your question. I'm not certain if this is your issue but, I had this issue due to my battery not making contact because the battery's positive end contact was a little too short. This can be resolved with a touch of aluminum foil on the Positive end contact of the controller.

The below link is a great, quick 2 minute explanation of how this can be resolved (aside from buying different brand AA batteries) and is my source for the above information.

Hope this helps!

Oculus Quest 2 right controller not working (FIXED)

Duhjugganaut
Honored Guest

Did they really make a device that doesn't accept regular batteries?

Duhjugganaut
Honored Guest

Spoke with support and the options are to try a full factory reset and if that doesn't work... Get a replacement. This is literally my first battery replacement and it seems the hardware is physically finnicky with batteries. Really poor design and experience overall.

This foil trick did work. I compared the before and after batteries. I had been using ACDelco batteries and switched to a cheap bulk pack of Kirkland brand from Costco. While the overall length of the batteries are the same, the Kirkland negative terminal extends out further beyond the body of the battery and the positive terminal nipple extends less from the body of the battery than the ACDelco battery. Because the positive terminal in the controller sits inside a plastic cup rather than being flush or extended as in most other electronics, the shorter nipple on the Kirkland battery can't connect without some help.

Super glad to hear it worked for you; happy gaming!

I need assistance with my oculus 2 controllers. I've already cleaned the controllers out and put new batteries in, I just purchased. The right one works but the left controller does not work even with the new battery. Please help.

I'm not certain if this is your issue but, I had a similar problem because my battery was not making contact (on the positive end). This was resolved with some folded up aluminum foil on the Positive end contact of the controller.

The below link is a great, quick 2 minute explanation of how this can be resolved (aside from buying different brand AA batteries) and is my source for the above information.

Hope this helps!

Oculus Quest 2 right controller not working (FIXED)