cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 guardian floor bug.

echo.sonic.x
Expert Protege
Floor level in games with the oculus quest 2 is NOT correct and makes a huge problem in all games. I find I am about 10cm off from my real height (to tall) and makes gameplay not work in most games correctly. Beat saber notes appear too low and you have to eyeball both a floor offset and manually set your height to fix the notes. It doesn't feel 100% right and you can't judge proper height or depth due to the platform not having texture for you to perceive depth. 

In 11 table tennis you can set the floor within the game (same as you do with the guardian) and it visually shows the difference between floor height and real height.

A lot of users are having this issue and setting controller on the ground does not behave as expected when setting guardian. It's hard to tell that it's wrong until you play games and many are probably not sensitive to the issue. 

Is this due to the new cameras having a different focal length and this just needs a calibration?
103 REPLIES 103

bruceo2
Explorer
Same here. Never a problem for me on Q1. Q2 all of a sudden floor height won't set properly and as I draw a guardian the floor height rises as I draw away so the fllor is as I am standing in a valley and 6ft away the fllor is a foot or two higher than it should be. 

superjayman
Explorer
WAKE UP AND FIX THIS CRAP OCULUS.... WTF FIRST THERE IS MANDATORY FACEBOOK!! DO YOU GUYS EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT CUSTOMERS OR YOU JUST WANT TO STEAL OUR MONEY ON FALSE PRETENCES..

WAKE UP AND FIX THIS CRAP OCULUS.... WTF FIRST THERE IS MANDATORY FACEBOOK!! DO YOU GUYS EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT CUSTOMERS OR YOU JUST WANT TO STEAL OUR MONEY ON FALSE PRETENCES..

This thread is about the floor bug so can you please keep to topic. I've also merged your account related post into the existing thread on the subject. We try to avoid multiple threads on the same subject especially when the existing thread is usually on the first page of the forum and very active.

1nvidia
Honored Guest

[...] As soon as I stand up the floor level rises to about 1 foot off the ground. [...]

same problem here

matthewbaker
Protege
I have same problem with floor hight won’t work now as 20 cm of the ground any ideas how to fix otherwise will seek a refund.

matthewbaker
Protege
Did a factory reset still the same problem, logged on surport page no reply, will be taking mine back to shop not usable like this.

matthewbaker
Protege
reply received but did not work. Thinking faulty unit now

Thank you for contacting Oculus Support. I understand you are reporting an issue with the Guardian floor height. Let me assist you. 

We appreciate your effort in attempting to troubleshoot.

If factory resetting did not resolve the issue, please try to reboot it only:

• When you aren't wearing your headset: Press and hold your power button for 10 seconds. 

• When you're wearing your headset: Press and hold the power button until you see a shut down menu in VR. On the shut down menu, select Power off.

Please also make sure that the headset if fully charged before performing these troubleshooting steps. 

If rebooting will not resolve the issue, please let us know so we can investigate further and check other options. 

matthewbaker
Protege
for anyone having floor bug problem.

Thank you for your response. I understand troubleshooting did not work. Let me give you information. 

We try our best to look into all concerns. Sorry to hear your issue was not resolved. Rest assured that every issue is taken seriously. 

If you are still within the return policy of the seller, it would be a good idea to get a replacement. You may also contribute a feedback here.

mrgamer616
Explorer
I cant get my floor height low enough, even putting the controller on the floor it stays above my ankles.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I cant get my floor height low enough, even putting the controller on the floor it stays above my ankles.

Just looks that way on screen.  Don't worry about it imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers