cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 guardian floor bug.

echo_sonic_x
Level 3
Floor level in games with the oculus quest 2 is NOT correct and makes a huge problem in all games. I find I am about 10cm off from my real height (to tall) and makes gameplay not work in most games correctly. Beat saber notes appear too low and you have to eyeball both a floor offset and manually set your height to fix the notes. It doesn't feel 100% right and you can't judge proper height or depth due to the platform not having texture for you to perceive depth. 

In 11 table tennis you can set the floor within the game (same as you do with the guardian) and it visually shows the difference between floor height and real height.

A lot of users are having this issue and setting controller on the ground does not behave as expected when setting guardian. It's hard to tell that it's wrong until you play games and many are probably not sensitive to the issue. 

Is this due to the new cameras having a different focal length and this just needs a calibration?
94 REPLIES 94

matthewbaker
Level 4
I’m in wondering if it’s the table tennis game that messes up the settings I only had the problem after I installed that game

Drazaro
Level 2
Strange, it started behaving like this for me too after having it only 4 days... Tried restarting it, cleaning the sensors, lighting on floor and on the roof. Factory resetted. 
I dont know how to proceed...

Acethespade
Level 2

Floor level in games with the oculus quest 2 is NOT correct and makes a huge problem in all games. I find I am about 10cm off from my real height (to tall) and makes gameplay not work in most games correctly. Beat saber notes appear too low and you have to eyeball both a floor offset and manually set your height to fix the notes. It doesn't feel 100% right and you can't judge proper height or depth due to the platform not having texture for you to perceive depth. 

In 11 table tennis you can set the floor within the game (same as you do with the guardian) and it visually shows the difference between floor height and real height.

A lot of users are having this issue and setting controller on the ground does not behave as expected when setting guardian. It's hard to tell that it's wrong until you play games and many are probably not sensitive to the issue. 

Is this due to the new cameras having a different focal length and this just needs a calibration?

Is there a way to fix it?

I am also having this bug it started like 3 days after having the device. When I set the guardian system and place the controller on the floor it goes to the floor but when I stand back up it rises about 1 foot with me. The guardian boundary then draws at this new 1 foot elected height

echo_sonic_x
Level 3
Mine fixed itself. I no longer have this issue since I posted this a while back which is kinda creepy.

Dr_REMBO
Level 3
I'm having the same problem since this morning. What happens:
  1. I start up the device
  2. I get the error "Tracking Lost ... there is a problem ..." I can't read the complete message because in a few seconds it's gone
  3. Then the device asks me to set up Guardian so I do: I cannot set the actual floor level, the floor level moves vertically when I move my head vertically
This is a huge problem because a lot of games are unplayable right now.
I've tried the following things:
  • Cleared Guardian data
  • Restarted the device multiple times
  • Cleaned the sensors on the headset with a fine cloth
I don't know what to do right now ::open_mouth:

Update @ 2020-12-01: The Guardian works again as it should:
After some contact with Oculus Support I took these steps as instructed:
  1. Reset Guardian (2020-11-30): no effect
  2. Factory reset (2020-11-30): no effect
This morning (2020-12-01) I started the device and the problem was gone.
I played some games this morning, went to work, came back and after dinner played some more games: the problem was gone. I'll update this post if the problem re-emerges.

ScenarioB
Level 2
Same problem here... only with the quest 2, quest 1 is ok. Only in some games (AltspaceVR, on the quest 2 and some games with link as Microsoft maquette, Sketchbox...) Ok with Spatial.io, Beat Saber, FIT, The under...
Very annoying (makes you sick rapidly) and it seems its only since the version 23 update. Really need to fix this.

Mr_Soulman
Level 2
i am haveing an issue with seated down playing Vadar Imortal. even though i setup my headset and the game as seated gameplay i still become a dwarf in the game if you know what i mean.

FireRM
Level 3
same problem after v23

Pixie40
Level 10
I wasn't so much having issues with the floor height, as I was with the entire Guardian area drifting. I went to play Beat Saber a few times last week, and had to redo the Guardian because it had drifted half way through the exterior wall.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.