cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 keeps losing guardian

MostIyHarmIess
Honored Guest

Since yesterday, my Quest 2 keeps crashing into "Guardian not found". It would even go there while I am redrawing guardian.  I've tried restarting, and cleaning the cameras.

I noticed that when I redraw guardian, it would always crash when I'm facing the french door which has some reflections. But that has always been there. Nothing has changed in the room that I'm playing. Why does Quest 2 suddenly start doing this?

34 REPLIES 34

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand how this kind of roadblock can put a damper on your gaming experience and we'd like to get you back to enjoying the world of VR! Please try rebooting the headset by holding the power button down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen, then select Restart. If you are still experiencing difficulties after performing a reboot, please submit a support ticket with us here: https://ocul.us/3kXWcj4 and we'd be happy to work together and get you back to gaming! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Do I need my own support ticket number ? My oculus quest 2 does the same thing.  Nothing has corrected it and I've tried everything I could find online from support forums and similar inquiries. 😞

Hello, thanks for reaching out! We noticed that you are experiencing trouble with losing your guardian. Rest assured, we're here to assist. To perform the reset on your guardian, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Select Settings from the bottom toolbar.
2. Select Guardian in the left menu.
3. Click Adjust Guardian .
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Guardian.

If the problem persists, please click here to submit a support ticket. 

Always glad to help!

Thanks! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The problem persists. Oculus is doing nothing about this. I hate to have to return the product, but in it's current condition it is just defective, I have no choice.

engineerisaac
Honored Guest

This is not an insolated issue. We keep losing out guardian getting kicked out of games.

polymorphorism
Explorer

This is DEFINITELY not an isolated issue. Playing online yesterday with friends and 2 out of 3 of us had it happen several times in a 1 hour game. It's a real issue and it didn't do this before, likely an update broke something. 

engineerisaac
Honored Guest

@MetaQuestSupport Please Look into this objectively and not just explain this away with a 
"Reboot" Its making games almost unplayable.

TenFootLopan
Explorer

Checking in with the same issue. Middle of the game and the passthrough will come on and the guardian "cannot be found." This is super annoying and rebooting doesn't solve anything. Must be a software issue which I hope they address in the next update.

zach.halliwell
Honored Guest

I can confirm this only started happening after the most recent update. I pulled out my oculus and started using it and at first, I drew the guardian I noticed the guardian screen was black and white. Everything worked just fine while I was looking around for a while and then I noticed there was a Quest update so I ran the update. After the update it said Guardian Not Found, and the guardian screen was now a sepia brown/tan color instead of black and white. I redrew the guardian and from that point on I have been experiencing the same issues as everyone above. It keeps randomly losing the guradian or going into passthrough mode for a few seconds.