cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Gen 1 Right Trigger Firing Incorrectly

AlexanderFerrara
Honored Guest

Hello,

I bought an Oculus Quest 1 back at launch and never had any issues with it. I hadn't used it in a couple of months and decided to get back into it a few days ago. For the first couple of hours I had no issue, but then the right controller started acting strangely until it disconnected and would not reconnect. I swapped the batteries in both controllers for good measure to no avail. 

I just tried again a few days later to clean out each battery bay with some 99% isopropyl alcohol + a cotton swap and compressed air and then used again completely fresh batteries. The right controller is now turning on, but the trigger seems to fire erratically when not being pressed despite mechanically feeling completely normal. It works as expected after a headset restart or a controller battery removal/reinsert for a moment or so, but then the trigger misfiring issue resumes alongside semi-frequent disconnects. Functionally it is completely unusable for even navigating the store in this state.

The controllers have never taken any hits and have no physical anomalies. I'd be pretty disappointed to have to buy a new controller lest my multi-hundred dollar headset be a paperweight due to a seemingly random mechanical failure. Worse yet, I cannot even find a replacement controller for my device for sale anywhere other than heavily marked up selection on eBay. Please advise.

Thanks in advance for any support,

Alex

1 REPLY 1

Canadiangamer117
Explorer

Ok this I can definitely help with so oculus sells replacement controllers for the quest and quest 2 you can buy just one or both I gotta warn you though it's a bit expensive for one alternatively you could always ask oculus for a replacement if your still in warranty anyway your gonna find the controllers in the support section of the oculus site there your able to buy either 1 or 2 replacement controllers I can't speak to how much they would cost specifically as it varies from country to country but that's your best shot at getting one without paying out the butt like on eBay😁