cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIFT S - Warranty replacement delay ( 30 days - not reasonable )

VsFloo
Explorer

An yellow smudge had appeared on the field of view of my Rift S, an apparent burn on the internal LCD

From the Chat on Customer support i was instructed to send my Rift S for repair. The words of your support were very clear, at the moment my experience was being fantastic.

In one of the first mails i was told that the item had been received, that it would take 2 to 5 days to return the item,

I spoke some times more with your support because this period was not being respected, i noticed that the answers of your associates, by chat or e-mail were more or less always the same, that my issue was being take care, that it would be solved in a few days,

THE FACT IS THAT TIME PASSED AND NOTHING HAPPENED, NO UPDATE ON MY ISSUE.

Now its MORE THAN 30 DAYS after the day i sent the Rift S to you for warranty without any effective explanation by your part, i don't have words to qualify this, it didn't happened to me with any other item i had that needed warranty repair.

My experience with Oculus dropped from excellent to very bad, i hope that anybody can help me on having my item returned as soon as possible and fix some of the experience i'm having with you.

Kind Regards

Vasco Silva

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Vasco! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we understand how discouraging it may be when you haven't received an update from us in a while. We definitely want to see what we can do to get you back to gaming ASAP. Please send us a PM so that we can take a look into this issue. Please click here (https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport) or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello OS,  Sent you an PM but an error about an PM message limit prompted,

Thank you for your quick reply and encouraging words...

My issue is linked to support ticket 3568064, please advise if you need any more info, please see what you can do,

KR

Vasco Silva

73Stace
Protege

I';m in the same boat as you my friend but I consider my experience to be 3 times as bad as yours.  It has now been close to 3 months since they have had my brand new faulty Quest 2.  I have had over at least 50 chat sessions with scripted apologies and no outcomes.

This company should not be selling these if they can't honour a simple warranty. 

VsFloo
Explorer

You asked me if your answer was good and if i could accept this as an solution, 

I can't,

I received a answer explaining that it is an logistics related problem. I cannot understand this kind of delay for any reason. I requested an refund but I received no answer. I want this case close, want my refund.

Hey there. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and understand how concerning it may be when you haven't received an update from us in a while. Please send us a private message and we'd be happy to look into this for you. Please click here (https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport) or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!