cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update impossible ! Since today the rift doesn't connect ! HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jef32
Explorer
Since the update today, the rift doesn't connect anymore. All was fine before the update but now that's say: Update needed and when I try, after a few seconds: Update impossible, disconnect and reconnect the rift. I do it and it's the same.

Why changing something running fine and creating problems for users ?
9 REPLIES 9

LZoltowski
Champion
Could you disable any antivirus you have running temporarily? If you don't have an antivirus, please disable windows Defender + Protected folders.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

jef32
Explorer
Waiting your answer, I've began a repair and it's downloading the entire soft. But it's long. I wait that all is over and if that doesn't run I'll try to disable my AV

jef32
Explorer
There is something that makes me angry: When something runs properly, why updating and causing problems ? Some minutes ago, before reading " update necessary" in my rift, all was OK and I used my rift properly in DCS world. All to say that it's just a soft problem. And I have just the orange flashing light on my rift.

jef32
Explorer
I've just read that i'm not alone. One more time ( after the certificate bug some months ago ) , you're causing a problem again.

jef32
Explorer
Soft downloaded, installation IMPOSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LZoltowski
Champion
Ok let's take a deep breath and have a look at the setup logs, 

could you

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

jef32
Explorer
Here you have !

jef32
Explorer
Something new!
I've tried again an installation. This time the installation ran and when it was searching after the rift it didn't found. I've unplugged and re-plugged HDMI and USB, that said all OK and update firmware necessary. If I try to update the firmware: Update impossible and my rift doesnt work.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.