cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated nic drivers now no internet connection on rift, everything else works fine.

thejustchad
Protege
So just like the title says, everything else is connecting just fine, chrome, discord, steam, ect, but oculus is not connecting. This all started today, in the last few hours, just after updating the nic. I tried rolling back the drivers but still no connection. It's as if the rift never polls the nic after install or something, and everything else does. 

The nic update may or may not be related, it's hard to be sure as I didn't check the the oculus immediately after updating. 
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Might be a firewall issue. I'm not sure why other programs would work and not Oculus.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

thejustchad
Protege
cybereality said:

Might be a firewall issue. I'm not sure why other programs would work and not Oculus.

All I'm currently running is windows f/w I just nuked and paved about a week ago to ensure a nice clean platform for the oculus rift LOL

Any logs that might point to the issue? or a way to check something to point me in the right direction?

thejustchad
Protege
windows firewall has been turned off and no change....

thejustchad
Protege
ok its worse than I thought, even the oculus installer can't connect, I just tried doing a repair install and got this... WTF!!!6yrf19jbwd29.png

thejustchad
Protege
SOLVED! I edited hosts and added 31.13.95.61       graph.oculus.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, DNS issue..