cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cloudy circles centre of lenses quest 2

Nosscar1956
Explorer
hi, just wondering if these cloudy circles on inside of my lenses are supposed to be threre. They have been there since i first got my quest, not really noticable when using for games ect, but, if there faulty i would like to know. You can see them here right in the centre of lenses.nquaz1pyvc4r.jpgvqci5wblbxgi.jpghanphzonuepq.jpg
12 REPLIES 12

PITTCANNA
Visionary

hi, just wondering if these cloudy circles on inside of my lenses are supposed to be threre. They have been there since i first got my quest, not really noticable when using for games ect, but, if there faulty i would like to know. You can see them here right in the centre of lenses.nquaz1pyvc4r.jpgvqci5wblbxgi.jpghanphzonuepq.jpg

They have a shape, to give depth when you take a picture like that it will appear cloudy.  As long as the game looks sharp, its a non issue.

Nosscar1956
Explorer
ok thx for info, just that it looks like condensation inside of lenses

PITTCANNA
Visionary

ok thx for info, just that it looks like condensation inside of lenses

Its not really condensation, there are slight rings etched into the contour to make the image look correct .  

That said, the lenses can fog slightly if you are getting really sweaty playing beat saber, or any fitness related game.  The fog will eventually evaporate and clear up.  I usually keep a micro fiber cloth handy just to wipe the lenses if i fog them too much.

Nosscar1956
Explorer
thanks, not used it for any fitness games yet , just sitting , i clean lenses with microfiber cloth every time it's used. Be happy to know it is how its supposed to be though.

MO120
Honored Guest

I got my quest 2 just a week before and was found the same issue from day one. Thankful to some one guide me if I should return the headset or not.

CraigyBabyJ
Honored Guest

Same problem here unable to use as it ruins the experience, support are not been helpful wanting a photo of something you can't see on camera biggest waste of money ever.

AmMa1018.2022
Honored Guest

I just bought oculus 2 and i have the same circles. There were there when i turned them off. I was wondering if this is normal. I have a hard time focusing sometimes so i dont know if that is the problem. Is this normal.

Hey @AmMa1018.2022! It appears that you are having some issues regarding the display on your lens. We totally understand how immersion breaking this can be and we'd love to help you out! So that we can look into this further with you, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Swelfie
Honored Guest

I have the same issue. I can see them in the game. Sometimes I can ignore them, some times, it takes me out. Also, how long should power last? Mine gives out REALLY quickly. I have the elite headstrap to boost power but the original unit does not seem to hold power at all well.