cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3+ Sensor Rift Users: Where Did You Set Up The Sensors?

cybereality
Grand Champion
For users who set up 3 or more sensors: where did you
set up the sensors, and what unique challenges you have run into?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
77 REPLIES 77

elboffor
Consultant
it is the second reception room for my home and did have a dining table in it, this is now removed and the space is my VR space (woot woot)
I used to run 4 sensors, then the software "matured" to 1.10 and above and i've been trouble shooting the shenanigans ever since 😕
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Basement living room. Composite wood floors, not too shiny. Not shiny paint on walls. Open space. Window shutters closed during play sessions.

Unique Challenges?
-Trying to find high places to put my sensors for better coverage, without having to drill into the walls.
-Constant questioning as to whether my house is sinking into the ground, leaving the floor not level (only since getting the Rift! :smiley: )
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
I just set it up in the computer room. Could use a bit more space. It's just under the minimum Vive play space. The main issue is the desk blocks the floor. One of my sensors is up in the air to allow me to touch the floor.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have mine setup in the living room by my desk, i normally just have two sensors on my desk with the normal front facing setup and then only bring out the third sensor if i need too since it's in an awkward place.

Good thing I made an accurate 3D plan of my living room, finally have a chance to show it off  😄  

9y6hyxn841vh.jpg

t2qf5oxog2rv.jpg

My unique challenges are all mostly my own space problems really.
- I put my third sensor on the table behind me, but I can't push it too far back since the stairs blocks the top view, and I can't open the door into the living room since it will then block the third sensor.
- Other problem is since my space isn't very big, I can't use the most of the space since the sensors are all on the edges of the desk so I can reach down on the floor(see the top image, the left sensor.) and I can't get so close to the sensors but that's probably for the best so I don't punch my monitor like I see lots of people do 😄

None of those are big problems for me and don't feel like it ever takes away from my VR gaming! 🙂

Thug
Heroic Explorer
Mine is in the smallest bedroom. Just about large enough for the min spec and have table and units to contend with. 
Front sensors on poles about 2mtr high, rear to the right on a book case about 4' high. 
CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),

kevink808
Superstar
Home office. No challenges and great tracking since initial setup with 3 sensors.  The only time I have problems is when I try and install a 4th sensor which is now in my closet gathering dust.  But I have no internal/external USB card and I know it's probably bandwidth limitations from my motherboard.

Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

PhilSurtees
Protege
My house has a small bedroom (meant for toddlers, I guess) and I use that. I had to clear some stuff out and I get the optimum rating when I set Guardian

mosiff
Expert Protege
I've setup mine in living room because the bed room doesn't have enough space for it. I change my sensors many times until I find the best setup. The biggest challenge though was convincing my wife make the setup in living room :D.

NoRestarts
Protege
I mounted my sensors on the ceiling, I put 2 sensors in the 2 front corners and 1 behind me. My computer is in the front of the room, so the biggest challenge is cable managment with the cord from the rear sensor. It had to be really long, which meant it needed to be powered as well, so there are 2 cords to deal with. Right now the cords are just tacked up with staples to keep them off the floor, but I'm thinking of covering them with crown molding.