cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Dual Monitors still broken on Core 2.0?

falken76
Expert Consultant
Did they ever fix the issue with Windows changing the rift to a virtual monitor that breaks existing Dual Monitor systems yet?  I see they're releasing useless stuff like new enviornments.  I hope that doesn't mean this broken monitor crap is a low priority.  @cybereality Are we going to have an option when this goes live to use old Oculus Home if the dual monitor problem isn't fixed?   It breaks my setup making my extended desktop useless.  I know it is a known issue, is there any progress on fixing this yet?
32 REPLIES 32

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
I havent had any issues with dual monitors.
 Im runnig the 123.0 ( haven´t got the 123.1 yet ) and core 2.0 beta.
Asus strix 1080 running 388.71
Got my rift on hdmi.
Edit:
60hz monitor on dvi running as secondary monitor extended.
144hz monitor on dp running as primary monitor. 
Be good, die great !

falken76
Expert Consultant
On mine it changes Rift to a virtual Monitor and places it diagonally from Monitor number 2.  Then on my system, the primary monitor still functions as does the extended desktop, but when I open anything, many times it'll open on the extended desktop but I can't access anything on there because my mouse won't leave the boarders of the primary display.  I can't do anything with any programs that open on that second monitor because I can't physically move the mouse over there at all.  I haven't gone back into beta because I was waiting for them to fix this.  Do they not announce any changes at all?  I would have liked to known that this issue was actually fixed.

Thanks, I'm going to go try it out now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem here with dual monitors (one running as extended) at all.

falken76
Expert Consultant
I just tried switching.  This is exactly what happened on my system.  The screen switched, then my mouse completely disappeared.  It wouldn't show up at all, ALT+Tab worked but the window that shows what programs you are switching between wouldn't show up.  The only way to get the system back was to physically push the reset button on the case, then windows failed to reset because I had notepad opened and it didn't have a saved file, so the screen popped up asking to force close or cancel.  I hit cancel because I have mouse control back since the hard reset force closed Oculus.

Now that I've broken the Oculus software by opting into Beta and finding it in a worse state than it was before, How the F do I turn Beta off if I no longer have any mouse control when I load it up?  I can not access the tab to turn beta off since I no longer have any mouse icon.

This software fucking sucks.

falken76
Expert Consultant
@cybereality This beta is trash, how do you opt out of it when you have no mouse icon any longer because beta takes it away when you load the software.  Is there a config file I can edit somewhere?

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
So you can´t even access the OculusSetup.exe and repair it that way. That leaves you with the same issues ?
Be good, die great !

falken76
Expert Consultant
I've never been in a position that I can't use something as important as the mouse icon.  I don't know what the next step from here is.  If I run Oculus setup it gives me an option to repair and that will fix this?  Is it just going to put it back to defaults so I'm no longer opted into the beta?

I just checked my drivers and my Nvidia drivers are 388.43 and it looks like the stable ones are 388.71 but Geforce experience is only offering 390.77 and I think that one has issues too.  I'm going to find the 388.71 drivers and try again....

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
I think you are better of with the 388.59 as the 388.71 also causes issues for some ( both ) rift and vive users, as stated in the announcement thread:
 https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62069/black-screen-on-rift-be-sure-to-use-nvidia-driver-388-59#latest
Driver 388.59:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/127665/en-us

I haven´t had to make repairs as im one of the lucky persons that have never had any real serious issues with my rift setup.
 I was just wondering if you had tried it. I think I read somewhere that it will opt you out of the beta but the option to opt in again ( not 100% sure though ).

Be good, die great !

falken76
Expert Consultant
It's just one of those days.  Now the 388.71 drivers broke my dual monitors!  They're doing the diagonal thing now!  Extended is sitting here with icons on it and I can't access it at all.  WTF is going on?!  What is that thing called?  DDU?  That's the one I use to completely remove Nvidia drivers right?