cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dangerous Head Position Issue

iRoyalty-
Honored Guest
Hey friends,

So I am having a few issues getting my sensors setou right or my games messed or something. I have 2 sensors, they are on each side of me, roughly 3-5 feet from me and about 3-4 apart from one another. In elite dangerous when I look straight and reset my view, the ship goes on a slight angle to the right, I have to turn my head left a little and reset to get it straight but its really annoying because the games tracking is off.

I have tried pointing them straight ahead, pointed at me, recalibrated the settings and still cant get it to work. Any help or ideas would be great! Is it ok sensors overlap each other? I even tried 1 sensors on top of my monitor pointing right at me and it put it off on an angle.
6 REPLIES 6

Taomyn
Protege
Funny, I've always thought it was that I needed to re-calibrate my setup because of exactly the same issue in ED, but now you're reporting the same I wonder if it's something else.
---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

iRoyalty-
Honored Guest

Taomyn said:

Funny, I've always thought it was that I needed to re-calibrate my setup because of exactly the same issue in ED, but now you're reporting the same I wonder if it's something else.

I dont know anyone else that has the issue but then agaikn, Im new to the game so I havent found very many friends :P. Its super annoying.

Im going to try uninstalling the software and reinstall then recalibrate everything.

Thmoas
Rising Star
If in other games or oculus home centering goes OK but in ED it is off, then there is an issue with ED.

I've been playing lately and I didn't notice this. I do use the "compensation trick" in other games (move head more to the left or up/down to recenter where I want it to be) so I don't think it's that special. In ED I move my head a bit forward.

However, apart from this centering issue, you have another issue that it  doesn't track well? What exactly is the issue?

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Just bind the "Recenter HMD View" or whatever they've called it, it's something like that, to a handy key or button and give that a tap when you're sat looking forwards.

MalicTolsen
Protege
Are you running Steam VR in parallel? 

It will also override your "forward" position too. 

Elites recenter HMD resets forward for me all the time, but I am also running though Oculus Home, and not using Steam VR at all, as it causes FPS drop.

iRoyalty-
Honored Guest

Are you running Steam VR in parallel? 

It will also override your "forward" position too. 

Elites recenter HMD resets forward for me all the time, but I am also running though Oculus Home, and not using Steam VR at all, as it causes FPS drop.

I dont think I am using Steam VR as I load it from Oculus Home. I think it may be solved. For some reason the F12 HMD reset is putting me straight and the reset I put on my joystick puts me on an angle which is a little weird.