cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For all Oculus users and friends, I've published my VR Stock for FREE and I wanted to share it here

joaoluisbrito
Honored Guest
I've been making this thing in my spare time for FPS games like Onward and I've initially shared it with Steam and Oculus friends. Now I've made it public and I'm sharing with everyone for FREE :smiley:

Here's the project! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2828833
And here's a small intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjfNiTqP0yY

If you own a 3D Printer, it should be printed with 5% infill which will save you a lot of time and material. Let me know your thoughts and I hope you enjoy it!
9 REPLIES 9

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
Awesome...beats the thing I made with drain pipes laughable  🙂
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep on meaning to get myself a 3D printer but I can't afford it at the moment. Am probably buying a Yaw VR before Christmas if it gets good reviews after it releases in August and then a CV2 will be next on my list of things to buy next year. Very cool of you to share this though! 🙂

Nicely done, the recesses for the Touch grips seem to be a great solution. Maybe Oculus could take note & start producing accessories like this for people who don't have printers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've looked at this. So the pic is upside down huh as you must hold controllers this way to enable a real similar feel for reloading. Does it benefit by at least adding a magnet for a good contact hold? You sell these online black don't you? Care to share a link or are others doing this unofficially?
Oh I see, there are others that load from underneath, one in same normal grip and the other is upside down.
I think it'd be cool to add a mechanism which acts the same as reload cartridge but fiddly whilst holding the controller anyways.

joaoluisbrito
Honored Guest

MAC_MAN86 said:

I've looked at this. So the pic is upside down huh as you must hold controllers this way to enable a real similar feel for reloading. Does it benefit by at least adding a magnet for a good contact hold? You sell these online black don't you? Care to share a link or are others doing this unofficially?
Oh I see, there are others that load from underneath, one in same normal grip and the other is upside down.
I think it'd be cool to add a mechanism which acts the same as reload cartridge but fiddly whilst holding the controller anyways.

*this is in quotations for some reason help lol*

Hey, I'm not selling this at all. This is a standalone project I've created to improve and build upon what is out there and where others have failed. I have no affiliation to anyone and am sharing this FREE and built from scratch. The picture isn't upside down and I decided to use exclusively 3D Printed material so I basically didn't have to leave my desk and buy other wasteful stuff such as magnets (makes recycling easier to to have glues or screws). You can see in the video I can reload pretty quickly and without any trouble given the slot in the grip design. There's more information here regarding your questions: 
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2828833

That said, I'd love I could turn into an 'prop gun' one day with real reloading and all, but it would be next to impossible considering there would have to be a way for the controllers to digitally and electronically serve the design, and even then every single FPS developer would have to conform to said 'prop gun's' layout and design for their video game, and none of us really wants that.

joaoluisbrito
Honored Guest

Nicely done, the recesses for the Touch grips seem to be a great solution. Maybe Oculus could take note & start producing accessories like this for people who don't have printers!

Shhh don't tell them, they'll sell it for more than the psvr aim controller :bawling:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice, printing one at work now, 27 hours later it will be done.

Thanks

joaoluisbrito
Honored Guest

Nice, printing one at work now, 27 hours later it will be done.

Thanks

Awesome, don't forget to post your creation. Looking forward to it!