cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, HDMI extension that worked 2 months ago no longer works

danknugz
Superstar
I have seen others report this same issue and I have not found any official statement from Oculus or any official fix.

Are those who previously had their rifts working fine and now all of a sudden are having issues when using extensions for HDMi just supposed to buy new ones? Not use then anymore? Why? Some information would be helpful please.

Last night was the first time I tried using the rift for 3 months and it was a huge mistake - I ended up wasting literally 3 hours trying to get it working, and in the end it never worked and I lost my entire evening of 3 hours

This is pretty unacceptable.

@cybereality
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
7 REPLIES 7

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Why ask here, go straight to the horses mouth and file a ticket. Thanks.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Thmoas
Rising Star
About 2 or 3 months ago my HDMI cable also started showing artifacts. I bought another cable from another brand also known to work and it must be a little better as that one did not show the artifacts.

I was thinking I either stepped on some connection or the Rift cable has twisted too much (though I've seen much worse twisting from other people where it still works), causing the signal to arrive at Rift to be just out of spec, but not enough to drop the whole image.

danknugz
Superstar

Techy111 said:

the reason i ask here is because i dont want to have support marionette me through all this useless crap and getting logs and whatever. ive already lost 3 hours to this bullshit. thanks for your uselessness.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

danknugz
Superstar

Thmoas said:

About 2 or 3 months ago my HDMI cable also started showing artifacts. I bought another cable from another brand also known to work and it must be a little better as that one did not show the artifacts.

I was thinking I either stepped on some connection or the Rift cable has twisted too much (though I've seen much worse twisting from other people where it still works), causing the signal to arrive at Rift to be just out of spec, but not enough to drop the whole image.

i dont get artifacts, it just drops the connection every 2 or 3 minutes all of a sudden, when it never did this in the past.... all i want is to be able to use this thing, its already literally hosed my entire install of win10 once causing me 8 hours to get back due to a usb driver issue that was OCULUS’ fault which they never acknowledged... this is complete horse shit and im sick and tired of dealing with dumb bullshit like this when quite honestly, i dont even like it, the FoV sucks and theres no games... complete waste of time and money....

Techy111
MVP
MVP

danknugz said:

Techy111 said:

the reason i ask here is because i dont want to have support marionette me through all this useless crap and getting logs and whatever. ive already lost 3 hours to this bullshit. thanks for your uselessness.

No personal attacks, you have been warned. Thank you
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

danknugz
Superstar
it wasnt a personal attack, youre useless. hurry and ban me and flex those little nerd muscles you incredible prick. i could not care less about participating in this shitty little forum and the circle jerking. im looking to get help with a problem and all you care about is your stupid little volunteer mod. youre a scrub,  fuck off, and have fun getting your little boner from banning me, i dont care.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Done.