cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't open both VR and Steam.

NightcoreGamer
Honored Guest
Hey, so I dk if this was already discussed or fixed but I really need some help.
OK; when I download and set up VR there's a problem that occurs when I open ANY Steam game.
Anytime I open any game on regular Steam and Steam VR my Oculus goes "HEY! Wanna play this in VR?!"
When I tell Oculus 'yes' and the game is not VR supported I usually crash or bug out. When I tell Oculus 'no' it shuts down my game and steam.
When I reopen up Steam and open my game Oculus says "HEY! WANNA PLAY THIS IN VR?!" again and the cycle resumes. I've tried setting Oculus in Administration mode and deactivating it from start up and nothing seems to change.
Could anyone help me? Pretty please?

Here's my Discord: NightcoreGamerOwO#7073
Here's my specs: Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7740X CPU @ 4.30GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
RAM
32 GB
Operating System
Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3

Kentobi
Heroic Explorer
Dumb question - are you talking about Rift or Quest?

NightcoreGamer
Honored Guest

Kentobi said:

Dumb question - are you talking about Rift or Quest?

It's the Rift, I can set it up and record what happens via my capture card if you want a better description.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to the Oculus App > Settings> General and make sure that the Unknown Sources option is checked.

If you're trying to run a non-VR game you'll need to use either the Oculus Desktop or an app like Virtual Desktop or BigScreen to be able to play a flat game with a headset on. It won't be in VR, you'll just be able to play the game on a virtual big flat screen in VR. Not sure about BigScreen but Virtual Desktop also allows you to curve the screen which you may find helpful.