cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would recommend a Vive for Roomscale, Tired of USB issues, Tired of HMD disconnects...

Maxxgold
Rising Star
  Ok, I said it. You know a lot of you are already thinking it. Especially if you paid for the 3rd sensor.

The USB nightmares are just ridiculous. I purchased the Inateck card and bought all the recommended cables, and guess what? I have daily issues with sensors cutting out, sound cutting out, and the HMD cutting out.

I can change ports, and enable and disable playback sound, and get everything working, and I can get in long play sessions without any issues, but I'm thinking there just shouldn't be this many issues. Especially when I can go visit my friend and play games on the VIVE with ZERO issues. 

I'm not selling my Rift, I love it, but if I were to recommend room-scale to someone, there is no way I could tell someone to buy a Rift. I'm tech savvy, so I can deal with it. I feel terrible for those people who aren't tech savvy, and they spent close to one thousand dollars, to get shit on.

I finally decided this when my friend told me he spent 110 dollars on this USB card that has separate processors for each USB-port. I was thinking " hey I'll pick up this 110 dollar USB card to solve my USB problems." Then I came to my senses and was like, " why the hell should I spend another 110 dollars!!!"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XPUHO10/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=296R0JAB3VFJH&col...

TLDR: if you want room-scale, save yourself time and money and buy a Vive. If you want room-scale and you buy a Rift, even with approved products, you will be constantly having issues.
45 REPLIES 45

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Zero issue here, Using 3 sensors.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
s7btu00z4k55.png

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

s7btu00z4k55.png

Yep, I asked you to stop trolling me and you went off the tracks. Stay classy Zenbane!
za5r774zg26o.jpg

jayhawk
Superstar

Maxxgold said:

jayhawk said:

Maxxgold said:

jayhawk said:

Maxxgold said:

Zenbane said:

Have you hooked up a Vive to your current PC?

Please go troll somewhere else, and to the mod who deleted my post, what a loser. Zenbane is clearly not promoting this thread with anything constructive. He is doing what he normally does. You ban the guy, and then let him continue on with his classless tactics. Priceless!

Wow really? lol. You ok man?

Yeah, I'm ok, what about you? If you don't have anything positive to say. Like your buddy Zanbane then go troll somewhere else.

You are the shining example of positive. I will follow your lead.

Yeah I will. Here is your hero responding to me. Stay classy @jayhawk
qgo2s3k2cioe.jpg

You must have me confused with someone who cares what Zenbane says to you in private. You angry bro?

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Lemming1970
Rising Star

Maxxgold said:

edmg said:

Zenbane is presumably asking whether you've tried a Vive on your PC and whether it actually works better. Because my Rift tracks about as well as the Vive did.

Yes, if someone only wanted to play roomscale games, I'd suggest they look at the Vive, but there's no way I'd go back to mine after a few days playing the same games in the Rift with a much more comfortable headset with a much better display. H3VR, for example, is night-and-day between the Rift and Vive, due to the Vive's blurry image as soon as you look outside the sweet spot.

Pretty much the only issue I have, other than needing to reboot the Touch controllers some times when they don't turn on, is that there's one corner where I can block the controller from all the sensors if I hold it close to my body when it's simulating a rifle. There's really nothing I can do about that other than install yet another sensor.

Edit: oh, yeah, and I accidentally put my coffee cup in front of the sensor on my desk last night, which didn't really help :).

No, what he is saying, is that does my pc also have issue if I use it with a Vive. So he is slyly saying my PC is the problem. You guys put up with him so much,that you can't even see what it is he does. Anyways, When it works, my tracking is flawless. 

Well have you thought that maybe your P.C. is the problem?

Seems a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

It could be any amount of problems. from poor cables, usb band width, under spec p.c., poor positioning. etc..

and you know what Maxxgold , we all got the PM the first time you posted it, there was no need to post it three more times.

Go and take some calmers or something, BTW HAVE you tried a VIVE on your P.C.? If so how did it perform.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Maxxgold said:

edmg said:

Zenbane is presumably asking whether you've tried a Vive on your PC and whether it actually works better. Because my Rift tracks about as well as the Vive did.

Yes, if someone only wanted to play roomscale games, I'd suggest they look at the Vive, but there's no way I'd go back to mine after a few days playing the same games in the Rift with a much more comfortable headset with a much better display. H3VR, for example, is night-and-day between the Rift and Vive, due to the Vive's blurry image as soon as you look outside the sweet spot.

Pretty much the only issue I have, other than needing to reboot the Touch controllers some times when they don't turn on, is that there's one corner where I can block the controller from all the sensors if I hold it close to my body when it's simulating a rifle. There's really nothing I can do about that other than install yet another sensor.

Edit: oh, yeah, and I accidentally put my coffee cup in front of the sensor on my desk last night, which didn't really help :).

No, what he is saying, is that does my pc also have issue if I use it with a Vive. So he is slyly saying my PC is the problem. You guys put up with him so much,that you can't even see what it is he does. Anyways, When it works, my tracking is flawless. 

It could be any amount of problems. from poor cables, usb band width, under spec p.c., poor positioning. etc..

It's not my PC. Thousands of people with recommended specs are having issues and you are talking about my pc. Classic.

Lemming1970
Rising Star

Maxxgold said:

Maxxgold said:

edmg said:

a2sdvipyhpn4.jpg

Yep we got it, he owned you in PMs as well as the forum. Hard to take a double blow.

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Doing the right thing to get yourself banned rather than him bud.