cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I delete my facebook account will I lose my rift library ???

ryzen-2019
Explorer
I still have  an oculus account that is not linked anymore to my existing facebook account but If i delete this facebook  account TODAY wich was sometimes  linked in the past while I  purchased several apps on the  oculus  store will I lose my games ?
And If in the futur i'm being  forced (in 2023) to create a new facebook account for using an oculus device will i be allowed to keep my old rift library or will that  be lost too ? 
2 REPLIES 2

vududeman
Expert Protege
Your games should be currently linked to your Oculus account if you are not signing in FB today.  At some point you will have to merge with a FB account--so I would hesitate about closing your existing FB account since you may need it in the future if you continue on the Oculus platform.  Agree this is all a little confusing.  I was able to combine my accounts yesterday and now all my old purchases do show up with my FB login.

ryzen-2019
Explorer

vududeman said:

Your games should be currently linked to your Oculus account if you are not signing in FB today.  At some point you will have to merge with a FB account--so I would hesitate about closing your existing FB account since you may need it in the future if you continue on the Oculus platform.  Agree this is all a little confusing.  I was able to combine my accounts yesterday and now all my old purchases do show up with my FB login.vududeman said:                                                                                                                                                                                                        
The actual account coud be terminated at  any time  cause the name  is not correctly spelled or for  what ever reason facebook wants to. That's why i'm in  no rush of  having my oculus account linked to facebook.
I don't  have any oculus  functionnal oculus device anymore, my rift-s was stuck for 9 months in the install loop of hell  , my retailer gave me a credit  and I was able to buy a quest wich I sold cause with  the link it was a real  downgrade graphics quality compared to my former  rift-s
In the  futur if anything has not change about that  facebook policy  then  I will  have to  buy a device ( maybee a quest 3  or if a really good wireless solution is in place, I will  have to create  a facebook account, that's why I will  have to create a new one , just in case the mispelling would terminate my actual account, so terminating that one  today and create a new  one in the futur remains  an incertainty about losing my oculus library.