cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading advertising for Oculus Go should be fixed

TopTex
Level 3
Oculus includes a link to FramesDirect to buy prescription lens inserts for the Go while showing shipping details for Australia. After buying and receiving the Go, I tried to buy the prescription lens inserts and went as far as to place the order an pay my money (included the quoted shipping cost to Australia). Then I got this email from Frames Direct:

Hello,
We have received your online order. However, at this time we are unable to ship our VirtuClear Lens Inserts internationally and we will not be able to fill your order. 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  
-- 

Best Regards,

Clairissa M, E-Commerce Customer Service Optician

If Oculus don't make it clear that these are not available internationally, then they have misleading advertising. I hope that the Oculus  and FramesDirect web pages will be updated quickly to reflect this reality.

I'm very pleased with the Go but this just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. As far as I'm aware, there are no prescription lens inserts available for the Go internationally. Oculus needs to make this clear.
3 REPLIES 3

ClassicGOD
Level 4
Hey, I haven't try them as I don't use glasses but Widmo VR has prescription lenses for Oculus Go and they ship worldwide. 

https://widmovr.com/product/oculus-go-prescription-lens-adapters/
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure where you think it was internationally in the first place as it was US only from all the reports.

TopTex
Level 3

Hey, I haven't try them as I don't use glasses but Widmo VR has prescription lenses for Oculus Go and they ship worldwide. 

https://widmovr.com/product/oculus-go-prescription-lens-adapters/

Thanks, I looked at them earlier and they has something saying not available internationally but following your link I was able to place my order. Hasn't been cancelled yet so hope it will come through. 

Wonder is anyone else has noticed scratching on their glasses when using Go with glasses on?