cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie viewer

moioli.luca
Explorer

Hello,

I would like to recreate the feeling of being in the cinema, but I don't have the space for a large 4K TV.

Maybe a viewer can allow me to see a movie as if I were in front of a big screen?

I wear eyeglasses, I am not interested in virtual reality or 3D, I would simply like to see 2D movies in Full HD.

Please is there a viewer that allows you to watch movies from a PC?

Thank you very much for support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oculus has a netflix app, firefox app and can connect to steam vr to use Deo VR, which is a VR video player that also has a web browser built in if that's more what you're looking for. No environments or anything, just the screen. Alternatively, you can do the same with virtual desktop, view your desktop screen and turn off the background environment to just have the screen

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Sajeg
Protege

Yes there is a good app. https://www.bigscreenvr.com/ you can watch movies and stream them from your PC. Alone or together with friends.

iMight404
Retired Support

You can also look into Virtual Desktop. They have a cinema environment you can use, and the screen is a mirror of your desktop screen so you can view whatever you have on your desktop in these environments. My personal favorite is the skyline apartment so I can sit and watch movies

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

ZincLeadAlloy
Explorer

Guys, I'm pretty sure he's asking about something else than the quest 2. 

I use an old TZUMI viewer that cost $25 back in the day. As for an app I do not know about any but they sell hear viewers online on pages like Amazon.

Oh I completely misread the direction of the thread, my apologies!

You're probably right. But I think than would be the Virtual Reality Subreddit maybe a better place.

Dear friends,

I thank you very much for support, unfortunately there is just a little support here in Italy.

I have seen some Youtube example about Bigscreen application but there is not what I am looking for.

As I said, I am not interested to virtualy, I would like to see a movie just like into my monitor, without any other, just the display without any 3D environment.

Is there a viewer that allows you to see a movie in full screen?

You mean something like ar glasses? like them from Nreal? 

no no, I am not referring to shutter glasses or augmented reality.

I would like to watch a movie into a visor like Oculus, connected to PC.

I would lile to view only the movie into lenses, no room or facility inside image, only the screen displayed.

Is there a viewer like this?

Many thanks again

Something like this seems that would help. (mod please delete if outside links are prohibited) click here