cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Quest content preview trailer!!!!!

LZoltowski
Champion
I am LOVING the marketing here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryvsAjCaKKk
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
37 REPLIES 37

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
When I was a kid I accidentally disturbed a family of bees, who proceeded to sting me in the arse even as I ran back to the house. Probably explains why I can be a bit of a prick.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Don't the critters send out warning pheromones to each other? So once the intruder gets close, the swarm jumps into defense mode. Then they all attack even when the threat is far from the nest. Anyhow, as long as you're not near a nest or wearing aftershave which they think is the scent of a flower, you should be fine playing VR in the garden. At least you have one. If I went out to my park (which is below my window here). I would be more afraid of being mugged whilst blind or disturbed by the resident alcoholics. Perspective guys. At least you have a private garden and the odd wasp sting is minor.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

pyroth309
Visionary

Don't the critters send out warning pheromones to each other? So once the intruder gets close, the swarm jumps into defense mode. Then they all attack even when the threat is far from the nest. Anyhow, as long as you're not near a nest or wearing aftershave which they think is the scent of a flower, you should be fine playing VR in the garden. At least you have one. If I went out to my park (which is below my window here). I would be more afraid of being mugged whilst blind or disturbed by the resident alcoholics. Perspective guys. At least you have a private garden and the odd wasp sting is minor.

Yea they usually only care if you get near their nest/hive or feel threatened. Some weirdo with a strange contraption on his head and is swinging his hands around wildly may appear pretty threatening though...

CrashFu
Consultant

pyroth309 said:

Yea they usually only care if you get near their nest/hive or feel threatened. Some weirdo with a strange contraption on his head and is swinging his hands around wildly may appear pretty threatening though...

Especially if you slam your Touch control directly into said hive.
:grimace:

Always remember to set your guardian boundaries before playing, even when you have an Entire-backyard-scale setup. 
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Beat saber - Quest / PC side by side comparison:
https://youtu.be/iIwVdx4Q4e4

Be good, die great !

vannagirl
Consultant

Don't the critters send out warning pheromones to each other? So once the intruder gets close, the swarm jumps into defense mode. Then they all attack even when the threat is far from the nest.

Yes,
very similar to a girls night out
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

pyroth309
Visionary

KlodsBrik said:

Beat saber - Quest / PC side by side comparison:
https://youtu.be/iIwVdx4Q4e4

Yea I expected Beat Saber to look really close. It's not like it's a very graphical game. Interesting to hear that he felt such a difference in the tracking. A lot of other people think it can handle Expert+.