cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, can't create thread - PLEASE READ THIS

cybereality
Grand Champion
NEW USERS SHOULD BE FULL MEMBERS AFTER CREATING ONE POST. IF YOU HAVE ISSUES CREATING A THREAD OR POSTING, PLEASE PM ME. THANKS

*** Below is the original post, but see above for the latest requirements. ***

Due to an ongoing problem with spam, we have enacted certain restrictions for new members. As a new member, you will be restricted from creating new threads/topics, and unable to use BBCode in your posts.

Please contribute to existing threads first, to obtain a certain amount of posts before you become a full member.

You may use the search function to find relevant threads to post in. Most likely someone else has posted a similar problem, and you may even find there is already a solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this should make for a better spam-free experience for everyone.

UPDATE: The number of posts needed to become a full member is 3.
See here for some help making your first few posts:
https://developer.oculus.com/forums/vie ... 100#p49840

UPDATE 2: You can also PM me with a message telling me who you are or why you want to make a post on the forums, and I can make you a full member. Also, if you have purchased a Rift with the same email as on the developer center, just let me know and that will be enough to make you a full member. I just want to be sure you are not a spammer. Thanks.

UPDATE 3: The post requirement has been lifted. Everyone should be able to create topics now.

UPDATE 4: Spam has returned, so now the 3 post requirement has returned as well.

UPDATE 5: Spam has gone away for now, so I removed the requirements.

UPDATE 6: New users only need 1 post before becoming full members.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
966 REPLIES 966

Anonymous
Not applicable
Need to post a question about a problem occurring in our app.

INTELi7
Explorer
I registered on these forums over a year ago, but I've never made a single post or thread since then. I was going to post under the "show of your rift setup", made the post including pictures etc. the draft was saved, but when I was going to submit the post, I received a message that the post had to be verified first. But after that, nothing happens. No verification, and the reply/post in turn never goes live. I tried many times. Maybe I need to make a post somewhere else. I'll try here. :blush: 

INTELi7
Explorer
I registered on these forums over a year ago, but I've never made a single post or thread since then. I was going to post under the "show of your rift setup", made the post including pictures etc. the draft was saved, but when I was going to submit the post, I received a message that the post had to be verified first. But after that, nothing happens. No verification, and the reply/post in turn never goes live. I tried many times. Maybe I need to make a post somewhere else. I'll try here. :blush: 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting

cybereality
Grand Champion
This is super old and refers to the old forum software.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Supra4U
Explorer

I have been locked out of my account for 2 1/2 months , no help or response from my 30 plus tickets. I have a new phone number and the sms code for 2fa goes to the old number. Facebook has the correct phone number but oculus doesn’t have the ability to link up. Any help would be appreciated since it seems I have been robbed of 1000 dollars in games and headsets. 

Sorry, I had to create a new account just to post