cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App.

BillyButcher
Honored Guest

Once downloaded on to my PC the oculus app somehow disables sound output to my pc. I do not have a issue with my oculus. My issue is with the app and what it does to my computer. When my computer is done trouble shooting is says some stuff about driver issues but says it cannot be fixed. If you guys want me to spend money on your stuff help me figure this out.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there BillyButcher, we noticed that you haven't received any responses yet and would like to rectify that! We're here to help if you're still experiencing issues with your Oculus app! 

First, let's try uninstalling and re-installing the app (if you haven't done so already). Let us know if the problem still persists after that and we'll choose our next course of action.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

If you are on Windows 10 your default audio output device has probably changed.

On the system tray in the lower right corner of your Windows screen click on the speaker icon. This should show you the default audio output device and a volume slider. Click on the the up arrow/caret on the right upper corner and pick "Speakers". Your output should now be back to the speakers.

When using the headset with Link or Air-Link an app may tell you that the app device has changed and you will have to set it to the Oculus headphone to get sound on the headphone. You'll have to switch it back to speakers when you go back to using the PC.