cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link connected all day can cause problems?

DonnovanBR
Expert Protege

Can I leave the Oculus Quest 2 all day connected to my computer via the Oculus Link, or will this ruin the battery?
The computer the Oculus Quest 2 is connected to is on practically all day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

iMight404
Retired Support

Well there's a lot of division on whether or not it's safe to do so, since the battery is a rechargeable lithium ion battery and there's a lot of paranoia regarding overcharging batteries in general. For safety reasons, I wouldn't do this every day or for prolonged periods. If anything, it'll affect the charge cycles which basically makes your battery less effective. That being said, if you're going on an extra long play session, make sure you take frequent breaks or try using air link. 

TLDR: Don't leave it plugged in all day. There's an article on the support site on maximizing your battery life

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

iMight404
Retired Support

Well there's a lot of division on whether or not it's safe to do so, since the battery is a rechargeable lithium ion battery and there's a lot of paranoia regarding overcharging batteries in general. For safety reasons, I wouldn't do this every day or for prolonged periods. If anything, it'll affect the charge cycles which basically makes your battery less effective. That being said, if you're going on an extra long play session, make sure you take frequent breaks or try using air link. 

TLDR: Don't leave it plugged in all day. There's an article on the support site on maximizing your battery life

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.