cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Minecraft VR with Quest and Virtual Desktop not working

TaunHawk
Honored Guest
Greetings, I have been using Virtual Desktop (VD) for my Quest for a long time and have no issues connecting and playing all my Oculus games and SteamVR games. I recently bought Minecraft Windows 10 (bedrock) and installed the free Oculus Minecraft VR app. It works completely fine when connected via Oculus Link cable. However it does not work when connecting via VD. As soon as I select the Minecraft app from the Games menu in VD, it immediately launches the Oculus Home app (which this never happens when selecting any other Oculus game from VD) and then I receive an error from the Oculus Home app that states no device is detected (my headset). I can confirm that within the Oculus Home app, under the Device tab that no headset is detected. I have tried launching Minecraft Windows 10 first from desktop, but this only launches the 2D version of the game without the VR app running. Has anyone else been able to get Minecraft (bedrock) to work via VD?

I also own Minecraft Java edition and have Vivecraft which works perfectly with VD. But I want to use the Bedrock version so that I can play with my friends via cross play who are connecting via other devices. I dont want to use the Oculus Link cable, I want to play wireless like I do with Vivecraft.
2 REPLIES 2

TaunHawk
Honored Guest
*UPDATE: Response received*

I had posted this also on Steam Virtual Desktop forums and received the following response from one of the developers (Too bad, but at least I now know for sure):

[ggodin/developer]: Minecraft bedrock is a UWP app (universal windows platform) and it can’t be injected so won’t work unfortunately. Vivecraft on Steam however will work without issues.

skateboarder
Honored Guest
dang, thanks for updating us though