cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Pro has Eye Tracking?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Not too much has been revealed about the Oculus Pro yet. However, during an interview by Joe Rogan, we saw some confirmation that eye tracking seems to be a default feature. I've been hoping for eye tracking ever since I received by Rift CV1.

Not only is eye tracking a potential key feature, but so is full facial tracking. 

Interview snippet:

And it looks like this October will be the official release of Quest Pro.

4 REPLIES 4

lensmandave
Superstar

Sooo ready to try this bit of kit out! It's only money eh?

😎

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Yep, eye and face tracking has been one of the touted features.

All about interactions... work and social. I think some will see the eye tracking as a gaming performance thing but I personally see that as a secondary benefit for this headset.

If it's included in the next consumer Quest (and I'm assuming it will be), then definitely more a gaming benefit. I just feel like cautioning people thinking about buying a pro for gaming if that's all they want it for. They'd end up paying a lot of money for the development of features that are geared towards collaboration, interaction and mixed reality early adoption, VR gaming may be very good too, but not the main point of this headset in my view.

I'm really interested in all of the above though so it'll all come down to just how big a price tag it has.

What's your feelings Zen?

I'm very excited about the work and social aspect. I'm still "that guy" at work who keeps pushing "VR at the workplace" and promising that it's gonna be a big deal lol

Aside from that, I still hope to see cool gaming features such as... eye lazers! Which only work properly with eye tracking.

Zenbane_2-1662518033607.png

I would also love to see nifty features in FPS Games, where the game knows if your eyes are properly looking through a scope in order to aim.

I think aiming with shooters can be huge, and really help elevate the genre to a new level of skill based on eye-tracking for accuracy.

In adventure games, it would be great to see puzzles that require Eye Scanning involved. Realistic Biometrics in a game can finally be a real feature thanks to these VR advancements (including free-hand tracking; no-controllers). Very excited about the next 5-10 years of innovation 😁

Yeah, I should have included game and AR developers in the list of those people who should be interested in a Pro Quest. Hopefully by the time we get Quest 3's, there will be a few titles with the kind of things you're talking about.

I can see face and eye tracking possibilities in multiplayer games too... being able to make subtle expressions to teammates without making a noise or knowing who someone's talking to by looking at their eyes... that kind of thing.