Not applicable
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
WHY IS NO ONE EXCITED ABOUT THIS?!  😄

kojack
MVP
MVP
I can't wait for Quill and Medium (I'm more interested in Medium though).

Quill is made by graphics programming genius Inigo Quilez, co-creator of Shader Toy.

Here's a 45min video of Goro Fujita using Quill and Medium, it shows how the tools work and some of the features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZcYvrbKWJc

SO much better than Tilt Brush.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Dear @FrozenPea - stop promoting Oculus so religiously!

lol jk - this is great news. People tend to get a bit more excited about games. And Quill hasn't received as much press as Medium. Nonetheless, when this is in the hands, both literal and virtual, of mass consumers... the outcome should be glorious.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@kojack missing the video bud 🙂

@Zenbane haha! Well someone has to post all the cool games/software that is coming out instead of just arguing over everything!  😄 Yeah I'm surprised how little press it has had, the OC3 talk about it was awesome!

Also check this really realistic scene made with it!

https://www.facebook.com/oculusstorystudio/videos/1764410850490716/ ;

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
Yeah it's cool and all, but the reason I don't get too excited about it because I'm not an artist and Quill isn't going to make me one. I have found this out to my cost over the years with various programs.

In my head I see this - 

vddd8m0v91wo.jpg
What I produce is this - 

cipkqdp9prjv.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Storm_Cloud well it takes practise to get good at anything! If you made a whole animation in that style I'd still want to watch it, bet you could still make lots of silly things  :#

Admittedly I'll probably get a lot more out of medium since I can 3D model.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
@FrozenPea - that Quill painting is pretty damn awesome.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

cipkqdp9prjv.jpg

I have the exact same problem. My drawings are quite terrible. I'm a great software developer, but all my User Interfaces are white background, black text, and grey buttons. I have to pay an artist when I want something to look impressive lol

My Horse would look the same, only I wouldn't even attempt to give the fk'er teeth.

kojack
MVP
MVP

FrozenPea said:

@kojack missing the video bud 🙂

Oops.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2