cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for Oculus VR in current software

Jamievs
Sightseer
Good day, we represent the interests of a 3D software simulation package used extensively in the mining space. To adopt the growing trend of VR and gamification and for an immersive engagement within the suite and other potential packages, I wanted to understand what the current possibilities would be with the current software files as they are for VR viewing and navigation in the model. The software package itself requires a license and a further problem is that I am based in South Africa and there appear to only be a couple of units privately held to test locally! Please help it would be an amazing tool to assist in safer mining!
2 REPLIES 2

ColinB
Adventurer
The problem is that you are looking for VR owners to test your package?
Or devs to get it going.
Or....??
Very vague post. Sorry. Not sure exactly what you are getting at.

ShoeHash
Protege
In South Africa they have very dangerous hand built mines where miners are often killed as a result of cave-ins. I imagine he's asking for a developer to work with him in designing a mining space simulator to train new workers for a safer working environment. Kind of how like, deep sea welders could use this technology to practice their trade before they submerge and possibly die.

Jamievs: I advise you to seek help from developers in another place. Not many people sitting around here know how to code such a thing. That being said, if you fail at finding anyone and are still interested there are a few friends I could call about such a thing. Do not use me as a first option because I'm flaky as hell.