cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical store availability

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Since i cant preorder Rift to my location (Czech republic) i would like to purchase it from the physical store. Since only store that will have it are in US I'm considering a little trip to get one. But is there any official date when, in which stores and at what numbers will the rift be available?
Thanks
19 REPLIES 19

NickytheHutt
Expert Protege
I can see ahead a bunch of local newspaper reviews of the Rift saying "Great peripheral, best VR, it took over a year to reach the stores though.", from 2018.

But seriously I think it'll see a retail store first in September, but with a constant "Sold out" sign, and by December with more or less back-orders. The real success is targeted in 2017.

obzen
Expert Protege
"Gibbon" wrote:
Hello,
Since i cant preorder Rift to my location (Czech republic) i would like to purchase it from the physical store. Since only store that will have it are in US I'm considering a little trip to get one. But is there any official date when, in which stores and at what numbers will the rift be available?
Thanks

Christmas 2016 (well, September, November). Should see some VR stuff hitting retail in decent numbers. Whether it's PSVR, Rift, or Vive, whenever it may be.

Nothing official though. Just talking out of my butthole.
DK1 FREAK...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately my thoughts exactly. Its so annoying 🙂

Meekoh
Honored Guest
Yes, many of us who live outside the US are waiting for this to happen before ordering, myself included.

Trytiped
Adventurer
Stores 'should' have headsets available on march 28th, although as it is there will probably be very limited quantities. You should be able to find the headset at best buy, fryz and possibly target. I would recommend be there etheir when they open or wait a bit for the VR craze to settle down. They havent announced anything official besides that it would be in stores.

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy one of the March orders off of eBay and have the seller ship it to you?

Percy1983
Superstar
It would make me feel sick camping out with a load of ebay scalpers.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

thief6666
Honored Guest
Hmm, did oculus confirmed at all that they are going to sell in physical, "brick and mortar" stores?

Do you think it will be possible to try it anywhere? (like in BestBuy, Gamestop etc?)?

I really would like to try it and see how much better (if at all 🙂 🙂 ) it is as compared to my cardboard with Galaxy S5 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
It'll be a while before we see it in stores. More so in that the E store is taking up all stock atm and they are even backup, lol. As for stores, they might not partner with a store company meaning that you might just find it in random locations and the stores themselves will order as they see fit. Easy 6-8 months out if they even sell it at the store.

But lets be honest... BM stores have to sell things at a higher cost so they can recoup their cost + pay their workers. Are you really willing to spend another 10-25% + tax on top vs order it online? Just saying ~

At this point ~ I don't think we will see CV1 in stores unless the store knows they will be making their money back because of the demand. CV2 will have more of a shot than CV1 is my bet following CV1 cut in price that then might see a store location in 1.5 years.