cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price gouging of Oculus Quest and S

Gobo75
Honored Guest
If you look throughout the internet, the price for an Oculus Quest or Rift S has tripled in price.  I know the world is going through a pandemic and even toilet paper is expensive ($25 USD on the "black market" for a roll), but God bless.  When is Oculus going to stop this?  Are they ever going to resupply or has Facebook dropped the Oculus?
12 REPLIES 12

kojack
MVP
MVP
Oculus has been resupplying numerous times over the previous weeks, it just doesn't last long because so many people are waiting, and manufacturing and shipping has slowed so there's only a small number being released to the different regional distribution centers.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
The gouging is from the scalpers. Just don't buy from them.
Tuesday's are the best day to check for stock from the Oculus store. But as mentioned they tend to go fast.

dillidew
Explorer
the price gouging should be illegal all-around no mater what however i think oculus cant really do anything if its individual sellers. if a company buys all the headsets then sells them for 700 dollars then oculus can step in and sue or take down the company. but when its individuals then what can they do. its not their fault that some rando is being a greedy **** and selling their stuff or as i like to call it " being a low life scum bag who only knows how to take advantage of people" im not having a issue waiting. the problem for me and maybe many people is that were walking around in the dark hoping that we find what were looking for. if oculus came out and said " well have them by June" that would help. granted those of us who have been waiting for a month or longer probably wouldn't be happy but at least then we'd have a time frame and it would take away the anxiety from sitting in a best buy cart waiting to buy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some have said best time to check Oculus for stock is on Tuesdays.
Check as often as you reasonably can.

MrNightmare728
Honored Guest
Check EVERY online store as often as possible but definitely in the morning between like 6 to 8 a.m. I only started looking for one two days ago and I was able to secure one from Amazon this morning with an ETA of 6 to 18 May. 

Digikid1
Consultant
Best Buy is usually pretty good as well.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The best way to stop price gauging is to simply not purchase them. They will suffer huge losses. The reason price gauging works in some markets (such as Event Tickets) is because people still willingly pay the inflated price.

MrNightmare728
Honored Guest
Currently, they're available on Amazon again to order with a in stock date of June 4.