cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Dawn has launched! Post your impressions here!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

s09erk5cosdd.jpg

Seeking Dawn has just launced - here's the trailer:

The game can now be purchased on Steam and will also be available in the Oculus Store:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/859340/Seeking_Dawn/

Personally I'd much prefer to support Oculus - I'll give them a few hours to catch up with Steam - currently I can't buy Seeking Dawn in the Oculus Store  😞

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1983757598365882/

According to this article Seeking Dawn should be available in the Oculus Store today:

https://www.roadtovr.com/vr-sci-fi-shooter-seeking-dawn-land-rift-vive-july-12th/

Quote: "Multiverse Inc., the studio behind VR sci-fi shooter Seeking Dawntoday announced the single/multiplayer game is soon heading out of closed beta and launching on Oculus RiftHTC Vive and Windows “Mixed Reality” VR headsets on July 12th.” [...] Promising a ‘full-length’ VR game, Seeking Dawn is said to offer a 20-hour single-player campaign, co-op gameplay with up to three other players in campaign mode, and multiplayer deathmatches in a “sprawling Survival setting.” [...] The full release will be available on the Oculus Store (Rift) and Steam (Rift, Vive, Windows VR) for $40."

Note that the price is $33.99 on Steam, not $40.

Update: I made an error, sorry - it was 33.99 - not $ - in the Steam store, thus Seeking Dawn has the same price in the Oculus and Steam stores. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

185 REPLIES 185

vannagirl
Consultant
I believe that the store updates around 5 or 6pm BST if this if your timezone

This looks great i will pick it up when it arrives on home also, the visuals in VR games are really beginning to step up
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

vannagirl said:

I believe that the store updates around 5 or 6pm BST if this if your timezone

This looks great i will pick it up when it arrives on home also, the visuals in VR games are really beginning to step up

Couldn't agree more - I have high hope for this title - I really need a new high quality VR fix after having completed Lone Echo :blush:

I'm also behind on my "Hurt Me Plenty" Doom VFR spanking sessions - and I just got out of the Tar Pit in Robinson last night (which was completely awesome, including saving the baby long-neck dinosaur). So it shouldn't be a problem to wait for Seeking Dawn... And maybe it's true that anticipation is the greatest joy :smile:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
First Steam user review of Seeking Dawn just arrived - maybe I should warn the user of not using drugs when playing   😉 The review is rather short - but quickly gets to the point:

"If there is one game in your whole life you should own for VR, GET THIS!"

Now that does not exactly sound too bad...  😄 (Unless it's one of the Seeking Dawn developers or his mom writing...)

Still waiting for Oculus to open the Seeking Dawn store page - guess they need to finish their coffee and donuts first, and then there's the toilet break, before starting up the Seeking Dawn server, sigh... Double-sigh... 

omam877iyw62.jpg
sj99v3wx2w4d.jpg
57enqd8i3hwt.jpg
yq4i87lzqr0y.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well crap, between IL-2, DCS, and Elite Dangerous I don't know when I will ever have the time - but reckon I will have to go ahead and purchase this one.
 Oh well been a while since I have bought a game from Oculus. Might as well give them some support now.

LZoltowski
Champion
The game looks dope AF. Definite purchase!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary
i think reccomended spec is GTX 1070 so it may be you will have to ditch the SS in this one until you get your new gpu.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
PSVR is coming later - so this game could be quite cpu demanding (compared to PSVR first, where the level of polygons typically are modelled to fit the PS4 processor's capabilities). Just saw this review:

"The game ran fine for me on my specs (Core i7-7820x/32gb RAM/GTX 1080/HTC VIVe PRO). I had no issues from what I could tell. "

But that's 3.6 Ghz x 8 cores and does not help much estimating cpu load... But at least it's good news that GTX 1080 is enough for Vive Pro... 
According to developers, recommended cpu requirements are similar to Lone Echo: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 (3.4GHz and above) / AMD FX™-9370 (4.4GHz and above).

Still waiting for Oculus to take my money...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Seeking Dawn is now live in Oculus Store  🙂 - $40, so that's $6 more than Steam - but I just love to support Zuckerberg, hopefully he can use the $6 to buy a cold beer or some food, the poor guy must be starving - thus my treat today  o:)

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1446648452044502/

Update: My bad - Steam showed 33.99€, not $, thus it's about 40 bucks in both Oculus and Steam stores. I hope Zuckerberg isn't reading this thread - or can accept my sincere apology  🙂 

MowTin
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

Seeking Dawn is now live in Oculus Store  🙂 - $40, so that's $6 more than Steam - but I just love to support Zuckerberg, hopefully he can use the $6 to buy a cold beer or some food, the poor guy must be starving - thus my treat today  o:)

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1446648452044502/

Doesn't the one in the Oculus store have Oculus specific api's versus the steam version? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2