cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on start screen without being able to connect controllers

frankieinnit4
Explorer

I have just got a replacement headset but I’m stuck on the first screen that you see when you turn your vr on for the first time and can’t connect my new vr to oculus app 

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! Thanks for reaching out to us! We'll be happy to help you get your headset set up. Can you make sure for us that you're using fresh batteries in your controllers? Can you try fresh batteries to see if your controllers connect? Let us know.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

That did not work 

Okay. We'd like you to turn off your headset by holding the power button for 30 seconds, then remove the batteries from the controllers and leave them out for at least 30 minutes. Then replace the batteries, turn on your headset and try setup again.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

That is not working either it’s just telling me to pull something out of the bottom of the controller 

Is the LED light on the controller ring lighting up at all?

It lights up light under the ring 

Okay, that's great to hear. We'd like you to factory reset the headset by following THESE instructions under "To perform a factory reset using the headset." Let us know how that goes for you.

That didn’t work it’s still telling me to pull something out the bottom of the controller 

Okay, thanks for trying that. We'd love to help you further on this so please submit a support ticket HERE, and we'll get this figured out. Thanks!