cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey on VR experience

Gamificationgro
Honored Guest

Hi!

We are conducting a scientific research project on the experiences people have had with virtual reality. We are interested in both people that HAVE and HAVE NOT used virtual reality. This survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.

This survey is conducted by the Immersive Research Project (Gamification Group, http://gamification.group/) at the laboratory of Pervasive Computing at the Tampere University of Technology (Tampere, Finland). This research is conducted as part of a non-profit research project funded by the Finnish Innovation Agency, Business Finland.

The data gathered by the survey will be handled strictly by the members of the research team. Individual respondents are treated as anonymous and cannot be identified from the published results. The only contact information we ask for is your email if you wish to take part in the giveaway.

Giveaway: $50 Amazon gift cards will be given to five respondents, chosen from the pool of valid responses.

When you fill out the survey you will notice several questions that seem somewhat similar to each other. This is an important methodological step in this type of research, so try not to get too distracted or annoyed by this. Just answer each question honestly and as you see fit.

We will try to respond the questions, comments & critique as best we can in this thread.

All responses to the survey are greatly appreciated, as is sharing of this outside of Reddit!

Link to survey: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4294107/Virtual-reality-survey

5 REPLIES 5

nrosko
Superstar
Survey just kept repeating the same questions. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

nrosko said:

Survey just kept repeating the same questions. 

Exactly - there're way too many questions trying to check for consistent and reliable answers. It feels like the survey constantly checks if you're lying - and that feels extremely unprofessional and unnecessarily repetitive. If I didn't like VR so much, I'd never have finished such a long and poorly designed questionnaire. 

"Choose answer number 4 to show you're still paying attention"  😄

Is this Kindergarten?

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nrosko
Superstar
Yeah i think some questions asked maybe 5 times, It's one thing to ask for somebody's time to complete this another to waste it unnecessarily.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How many times do you have to ask "I expect to spend money on VR in the near future?" and how many times to I have to fkn answer yes FFS??

LZoltowski
Champion

nrosko said:

Yeah i think some questions asked maybe 5 times, It's one thing to ask for somebody's time to complete this another to waste it unnecessarily.

Those are called "Attention Checks" and are quite common in surveys from researchers from academic institutions.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂