DevRoss
Honored Guest
is there any other options I have? or am I fucked
7 REPLIES 7

Richooal
Consultant

DevRoss said:

is there any other options I have? or am I fucked

I can't remember seeing a motherboard without USB ports at the back. Are you sure you have no rear USB ports?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

There are options. If you mean you've run out of USB ports at the rear, then a USB card will solve the problem.

If you want an HDMI port at the front, there have been graphics cards that include ports on the front of the card and breakout panels for the front of the PC which include USB ports (eg Gigabyte GTX 1080 Extreme Gaming and there was an EVGA card). Not sure if these are still available though as not many people would have bought them Most just plug in at the rear.

I'd personally avoid using the USB-C anyway as you've got to use an adaptor so you're introducing an extra 2 connections in the USB line & every connection is a potential weak point.

RattyUK
Trustee
I think the OP may have a laptop?

USB C adaptors can be bought with a cord between plug and socket (I use the same on my laptop) but as suggested this is at best a compromise.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Yep, I think we need a bit more info OP.

I guess I always think tower PC when someone says computer, rather than laptop.

Edit

Roaster
Rising Star
I use a 3' (1m) hdmi extension cable to bring the connector out front. Never had a bit of trouble.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just used an HDMI and USB 1/2m extensions, run under the case, so the connectors are both at the front, use decent quality extensions especially the HDMI.