cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching content on virtual desktop or bigscreen

inovator
Consultant

I had no problem watching by myself or with a friend content like netflix, disney plus or youtube tv on bigscreen or virtual desktop  until last week. Now I get sound but just a black screen. Anyone else have that happening? 

5 REPLIES 5

ohgrant
Superstar

Both Quest and Quest 2 on ver 30 here. Just tried streaming ready player one to both with no issues in virtual desktop. Tried BS on original quest also no issues with that. VD desktop streamer was a bit troublesome a few weeks ago but seems to have updated and normal again.

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Thanks for your answer. I tried using firefox instead of google chrome on virtual desktop and it worked. That was a solution others having that problem advised.

ohgrant
Superstar

NP, just launched VD with chrome running on PC with no issues. Maybe an update I haven't got yet. Good to know in case I run into it latter. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

nope its blocked. And this doesnt solve the issue with playing apple tv+ movies anyway. It shouldnt be blocked, at ALL...EVER

Hiya! I think the issue may be within the streaming services. I saw a Reddit post about this same thing, and a user had shared a part of the Virtual Desktop FAQ that says the following: I get a black screen when trying to watch Netflix, Hulu or other streaming service? Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and some Windows Store apps have DRM that prevent those services from being captured. Using Firefox solves this problem.

Not sure if this helps, you may need to reach out to the dev team for more information. Best of luck!

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire... walk with me