cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another "Thanks to Oculus" Post

flexy123
Superstar
I am playing computer games since the mid 80s. In recent times I got a HUGE gaming burnout, after going through "extreme gaming phases" like in WoW etc. which I and wife played religiously. Some time back I even got a GTX970 since I am always excited about new hardware, GPUs in particular - EXCEPT that I hardly ever needed the GTX. BF3/BF4? Boring. The Witcher 3...boring....Elite Dangerous...played in Beta and then never again. I basically stopped playing games altogether for 1-2 years. Just burnout on all genres.

With the Rift, EVERYTHING is exciting again. Almost like back then when I got my C64, or when I get my first "real" 3D card for the PC. (Which was a Riva 128). The first week with the Rift was already "oh wow"....but the experiences get even better.

Now I am even playing games where I wouldn't even have taken a look before. Good example Euro Truck Sim 2. Sounds super-boring. But in VR...it's incredibly cool. Or...flying in FSX/P3D...MIND.BLOWN. And every day I find something new, some new experience to try.

Today Touch arrived. MIND.BLOWN. again. And I haven't even tried everything yet, just the demo and the setup.

Seriously this (VR) is the best thing ever and I cannot thank Oculus/Palmer enough to bring new life into gaming. Oh, reminds me of the cool "retro computer setup" in the Touch demo which is clearly like a homage to oldschool computer gaming with the 3.5" disks etc. and the old Commodore-things there. Loved it 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I had the same double-whammy experience. In May when I received my Rift I couldn't believe how excited I felt about this new immense experience. Then when Touch arrived... it happened all over again.

Oculus has a great strategy for introducing VR to the world. I still log on to Oculus Home, daily, to see "what's next?!" Every new title released feels like a present on Christmas morning. Sure, some of them are just tube socks, but others turn out to be epic must-haves.

The Rift is one of the best devices I've ever owned... right up there next to my first Atari 2600, NES, SNES, first PC, and even my first car 🙂

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
All hail the virtual!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
What's this "touch" ye are all babbling about ? 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
Do yourself a favor and try Onward it's on steam