Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

The Dream of VR

I've always known since I was a child that I couldn't wait for VR. I lavished over the R-Zone when it arrived (let's see how many of you remember or lived through that sucker, lol). I begged my parents daily to take me to the local TRU that was over ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thank You, Oculus, For Making My Wildest Gamer Dreams Come True

I've purchased almost the entire Oculus Store. Experienced most of it. I'm completely hooked. There's no going back. Thank you guys for finally giving VR the push it needed. I just turned 40. I've only been waiting for 30 years approximately. And the...

JCTrick by Honored Guest
  • 9 replies
  • 10 kudos

Perfect genre of games for VR is .....

ADVENTURE GAMES!!! ... I think VR is MADE for adventure games. Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Loom etc .... the camera should be steady enough and immersion for adventure games would work wonders. Perhaps room scale would be advantageous (oh dea...

Adding a second hdmi to a PC

Hey guys. I only just thought to check this, and my PC is running an Nvidia Titan Black which only has one hdmi port, and that hdmi is connected to the television that I use as a monitor. The tv doesn't have the correct port to use the other output f...

Dakana by Protege
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

To the developers and fans alike.

Greetings from DownUnder (Australia.) And to my Kiwi (New Zealand) cousins, across the Tasman Sea. (never forget a Kiwi.) Kia Ora and Kia Kaha (the ever Strong.)I am at the moment enjoying, looking at, via Steam etc. Some of the many games out, via t...

JocK69 by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How would you design a VR arcade?

Hey Forum,How would you design a VR arcade?Lets say you have a space like this (or larger);Image courtesy of kevinw729Imagine how you would transform that space into a VR Arcade as if a billionaire handed you a blank check. Don't even worry about the...

cubytes by Protege
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How many people are completely new to VR with CV1?

I have mine on order, delivery estimated beginning of July  I have not had a VR headset on since something pretty rubbish in the 80's, No DK1 or 2. I have no preconceptions, I'm just looking forward to the future of gaming...and visiting places I ca...

Hedgy by Protege
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

The Oculus Rift is simply wonderful (New to VR)

The Oculus Rift is simply wonderfulIf you’ve never used the Oculus Rift or you’ve never tried VR before - this review is perfect for you. I had the opportunity to try the rift last night for several hours. I had never used a VR system before, I have ...

Room Scale/Hand Tracking VR Is The Future Now (long read)

TL:DR Don't write off room-scale/ Hand tracking VR it's incredible.I've got my VR wings now what with countless hours using the Oculus Rift development kit 2 (DK 2) and Samsung's Gear VR with the Note 4 and S6 Edge. I'm also pretty up to speed with r...

AirMech Co-Op

Lets get a game going - will be playing today.

xensu by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Razer/Acer/Msi/Alienware Graphics Amplifiers

Even according to cyber, there have been many reports of graphics amplifiers working but none officially tested, so I was just curious if we can get a member of the oculus crew to officially test the graphics amplifier method for laptops, such as the...

2oonLink by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kickstarter Backer - no confirmation

HiI am one of the lucky Kickstarter backers entitled for a free CV1.Unfortunately, I did not receive any order number, no order is shown on the site, and no confirmation mail.I contacted support and got answered once that I should get a confirmation ...

koreney by Honored Guest
  • 69 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wandering about the lack of social features

Ok, i know this is "oculus home 1.0" and is going to change, but still, even just for fun, lets speculate.Why is there so much lack in social features in something basically "owned" by facebook.Imean,i was expecting something like a virtual room for ...

Kalec84 by Heroic Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Oculus Video - Question For CV1 Owners

OK, i've got it, tried it - yes, it's amazing (haven't tried it enough yet to give a review).I just have a point to make and an urgent question - in Oculus Video, on the moon, space (the sky) just looks so wrong - can some other owners just confirm t...

More shipping issues for Australia

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cpgzc/ausnz_shipping_megathread_discuss_your_shipping/d24ogutAll I can do is laugh...cry...laughing again.......back to crying. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to cancel my Rift but COME ON PEOPLE.Couldn't g...

Zandil by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus 1.3.0 Unity Build Not Working!

-Using Unity 5.3.4p3So, I am trying to get my game to work for 1.3 (The new CV1 Runtime) and I am using a DK2.I have some problems.For example, When I open unity, The oculus client opens and Says unity is an oculus app (Only on my oculus project) and...

CBGames by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

About canceling the order !

Hi. I am planning to buy OR soon and it says august as estimated shipping time.. Is this time time table can be trusted, i will start living abroad at the end of september and want to take rift with me..But if they decide to push the shipping date fo...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it normal for the image in Rift to be slightly blurry?

This has been bothering me since I got my Rift. BTW Sorry I make two threads so close together.Anyway the image in Rift for me is slightly blurry no matter what I do. I've followed the setup correctly and focused correctly and have IPD set correctly....

Blyss4226 by Rising Star
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Rift V Vive review

Well written review http://kotaku.com/htc-vive-vs-oculus-rift-the-comparison-we-had-to-make-1771122831

ennogs by Expert Protege
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus exclusives running on VIVE

http://www.kitguru.net/components/vr/matthew-wilson/oculus-isnt-happy-about-hack-to-get-exclusives-running-on-vive/Words of Palmer about the subject. “If customers buy a game from us, I don’t care if they mod it to run on whatever they want. The soft...

Top Solution Authors
Labels