cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if sep 25 oculus announcement is a rift s price drop ill get 1

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
if its around 400 canadian, even though my ipd is 73.
24 REPLIES 24

Digikid1
Consultant
LOL!!!!!!  

Not going to happen. It’s still too new. A price drop will not happen for at LEAST a year or two after its initial release. 

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
honestly i dont know if the rift s is a upgrade from the rift especially with ipd geared for wee people.

KenSniper
Adventurer

honestly i dont know if the rift s is a upgrade from the rift especially with ipd geared for wee people.

i thought the same thing, but i took the plunge anyway and im glad i upgraded to the rift s, its so much more comfortable and the screen is just so much clearer, the only problem now for me is trying to find buyer for my old rift unit

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Is it all about the price as the big hurdle with the Rift-S?
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

That's quite a big IPD there hoppingbunny, is there somewhere you can try out a Rift-S? You can buy and return if the IPD is a problem I guess.

HiThere_
Superstar
In my case the CV1's limited physical IPD support, narrow
faceplate, even narrower Field Of View and complete lack of glasses
support is at the top of my want list for VR headset upgrades, more then
the increase in pixel density, reduction in screen door effect or
whatever...

That makes the CV1-S a 100% pure downgrade over the CV1 for me.

So it's not about the price, it's about the size of the shoe : Are you sure you want to switch to an even smaller IPD ?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I like my Rift S, now that they fixed 70% of the tracking issues. 

But just as we thought before Rift S was released...the sound and tracking is nowhere near as good as CV1.

the IPD doesn't bother me, my eyes are fine with it but I understand it bothers a lot of people.

So even though I enjoy playing on my Rift S I understand people calling it a downgrade.

Just so you know though, the screen is amazing, it's perfect to me. The resolution and reduced god rays is fantastic. 

I even got used to the sound situation so the only remaining problem for me is the tracking in certain situations and games.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
A lower price won’t fix the IPD issue, especially at 73 mm. If Oculus announces a way I can use my Quest for PCVR at better quality than the current streaming methods, that would be something I could get behind. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
my ipd is 73mm, i have a large head, a large face. i really needed the rift s to accommodate me but facebook thought a 1 size fits all toy would do instead, so i pay for a 1 size fits all toy i would like it to be a bit cheaper. mainly because i read here somewhere that facebook was charging more money than they needed to for the rift s and it seems to me thats a playing card they could play to counter the cosmos and index, sell at cost which would make it around 400 CAD then to support this bold move i would help them by buying one even though my ipd is 73 and my rift works fine and is in new condition with a few cuts here and there.

mainly im musing if facebook acts strategically to counter better quality vr headsets i would pitch in and put my cards there too, to support their strategy.