cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opened a ticket, no response?

matrix1337
Honored Guest
I opened a ticket a few days ago, the 16th in the middle of the day. its just about the 20th now, whats taking so long? x.x
Pending: September 16th Ready: October 22nd Processing October 22nd (Litterally 1 hour later) Shipped: nope
11 REPLIES 11

mta
Honored Guest
I'm surprised you haven't noticed they like to take their time.

Oculus are the animal kingdom equivalent of a sloth. Soon a rival three legged tortoise will zoom past them leaving them vegetating in the corner of wikipedia as a pioneer of VR for the masses [citation needed]

twoodster
Honored Guest
I submitted a ticket last Saturday and only got a response a few hours ago so you just need to be patient

ThreeEyes
Explorer
This is the weekend of Oculus Connect - you know, a DEVELOPER CONFERENCE - and the Oculus staff are likely focusing on that seeing how the DK2 is a DEVELOPER KIT.

While some here call Oculus a "sloth", they have been quite busy building alliances with Nvidia and Samsung to create the future of VR.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

augywrc
Explorer
I contacted them regarding a fault and within 6 days and a few messages back and forth I received a new dk2 and prepaid postage to return my old rift once I'd checked the new one was ok
They couldn't have been more helpful

shim2
Adventurer
I emailed them Friday at 8:48am local time and got a response back at 1:09pm same day. It wasn't about my order, it was about the website not working. It seems they are ignoring emails about pending orders. It's always a good thing to ignore paying customers Oculus, really showing the community how professionals handle things.

ThreeEyes
Explorer
"shim2" wrote:
I emailed them Friday at 8:48am local time and got a response back at 1:09pm same day. It wasn't about my order, it was about the website not working. It seems they are ignoring emails about pending orders. It's always a good thing to ignore paying customers Oculus, really showing the community how professionals handle things.

They are ignoring e-mails about pending orders because 60,000 e-mails from impatient kids whining about "where is my dk2?" would be a pain in anyone's butt.

And you are showing Oculus exactly why other companies don't deal with customers like this. Most companies build up stock for months and then put something on sale so nobody gets theirs early. You see, by opening sales and shipping as they are ready, everyone - everyone - gets their DK2 just as fast as is possible except the very last person to order. That last person gets theirs the same time either way. Everyone else gets their faster.

To do it the other way, if they built up stock until there were enough DK2s for all the orders, they wouldn't have shipped a single one yet and you guys would instead be bitching about how unprofessional Oculus is for not shipping them out as fast as they possibly could.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

shim2
Adventurer
"ThreeEyes" wrote:
They are ignoring e-mails about pending orders because 60,000 e-mails from impatient kids whining about "where is my dk2?" would be a pain in anyone's butt.

So everyone that ordered a DK2 has sent them an email and is a whiny impatient kid? Ok then.

"ThreeEyes" wrote:
And you are showing Oculus exactly why other companies don't deal with customers like this. Most companies build up stock for months and then put something on sale so nobody gets theirs early.

No company that wants to succeed is going to batch ship. OculusVR should have built up stock, yes. Lesson learned(hopefully). Let's be honest here. Batch shipping is good if you're a small company shipping domestically. If you're shipping across the world you shouldn't be batch shipping.

BTW, it's never good to ignore a emails from people that paid $350+ for something, dev kit or not. Most people work hard for their money and they have every right to be upset, to email and to complain. $350 should buy a little more professionalism than what's being given in that regards. I can't see how anyone would argue against that, unless you're one of those fanboys who will defend a companies actions to the end of time.

vonFelty
Honored Guest
Don't mind the negative Nancy. He is like that in every thread.

Anyways... Oculus Rift support is sort of in Beta too. What exactly was the problem though? Maybe the forum can help.

ThreeEyes
Explorer
"shim2" wrote:
BTW, it's never good to ignore a emails from people that paid $350+ for something, dev kit or not. Most people work hard for their money and they have every right to be upset, to email and to complain. $350 should buy a little more professionalism than what's being given in that regards. I can't see how anyone would argue against that, unless you're one of those fanboys who will defend a companies actions to the end of time.

I guess you didn't bother to read any of the purchase agreement information.

I also don't defend Oculus no matter what. It's just that people whining about how they don't get answers from their support staff about where their DK2 is are being unreasonable. The 60,000 number was if everyone acted like the petulant kids here and demanded to know where their DK2 was. It would overwhelm pretty much any support system.

You are going off on the $350 like that is a lot of money and you think you somehow do Oculus a favor by buying one. The fact is they are still the one doing you a favor. You are only paying the cost to build them and parts. That is what that $350 is getting you. Had they priced them like regular companies and sold through regular channels, you would be paying at least $700 and more likely $1000 for your DK2.