cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about sream vr games and ability to play wirelessly on the Quest..

Delcien
Honored Guest
Hi All,

I am sorry if this is a n00b question BUT.. I have ordered a Quest and I was looking at the Steamvr and Oculus store and im not quite sure how this all works...
If we pick superhot vr , they are both £18.99 on steam and oculus stores, if I bought it on steam I understand that I can play it on the quest wired up over Oculus Link.. BUT can I also play superhot vr wirelessly, or would I have to buy  it again on the oculus store to play it wirelessly?
Im asking this because ENEBA is sellling superhot vr for £9 for steam right now which is half the price, but i dont want to buy it on Steam IF i have to re-buy it on the oculus store too..
Can you please clarify for me

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless something changed, "Crossbuy" is only available from titles purchased from the Oculus store. This means that if you buy the PCVR version of Superhot you will also get the Quest version for "free" - or if you buy the Quest version you now also have the PCVR version. If you buy the PCVR version on Steam then you are SOL for the Quest version.

You can play it wirelessly if you have the Steam PC version but that requires you to set up the Quest with a purchased version of Virtual Desktop, then sideloading the "updated" version to the Quest and then running it that way. It works but it does take some setup and depending on your individual equipment, may or may not be a viable way of playing.

Delcien
Honored Guest
thank you for your explanation 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
SuperHot doesn’t support cross-buy, so whether you buy the PC version on Oculus or Steam, you will have to buy it again if you want to own the Quest version. When you look at a game on the Oculus store, check what it says for supported platforms—if it lists both Rift and Quest, it supports cross-buy and you’ll receive both versions. If not, then you have to buy it separately for each platform. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Delcien
Honored Guest
Thanx Nalex66, so just to confirm by your explanation Space Pirate trainer would be cross-buy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Delcien said:

Thanx Nalex66, so just to confirm by your explanation Space Pirate trainer would be cross-buy?

Yes, it's crossbuy. I'm sorry I didn't notice that Superhot wasn't - I have it on my Quest but since it's a low polygon graphics type game I didn't even consider the Rift version. Anyhow, here is a list https://uploadvr.com/rift-quest-cross-buy-games/ and the other way to tell is if both the Rift and Quest are listed as supported in the right side panel discription in the store. If you look at Superhot VR in the Oculus store it doesn't list the Quest. If you look at it on the Quest store it doesn't list the Rift. Space Pirate Simulator lists both.

hanney
Explorer
Space Pirate Trainer definitely supports cross-buy on the Oculus store, so you only need to buy it once to have it on your Oculus Rift/S and Quest. This doesn't include other stores though, like PlayStation, Steam and the Microsoft Store.

Delcien
Honored Guest
thank you all for the feedback,