cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our game crashed on S7 edge in first time Running

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Guys,

we are facing a big problem and need help from you.
We built a game and submmited to Gearvr store, and after we got the results, seems the games running well without any issue on all mobiles (Note4,S6 etc), and there is only one problem, when it is installed on S7 edge , and run the game in first time it crashes.  and then the 2cd time running it is not crash.
we are not sure what is the reason and for this reason our game can't be online.
can anyone from u help us?
Thx a lot!

PS: we use unity 5.3.4 version.

Best
Yi
12 REPLIES 12

motorsep
Rising Star
Does it have Exynos or Snapdragon?

Do you use masked materials ?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Which specific Unity version are you using (i.e. is it a patch release) and what Oculus Utilities? Can you provide the logcat file from the phone and Unity output_log? Maybe there is some clue in there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which specific Unity version are you using (i.e. is it a patch release) and what Oculus Utilities? Can you provide the logcat file from the phone and Unity output_log? Maybe there is some clue in there.

Helllo cybereality,

unity5.3.4f1,and oculus version is OculusUtilities_0_1_3_0_beta. unity logout show nothing,becasue our programe on note4,note5 and s6 , test is ok, only s7 edge have this trouble!  and Could you tell me how can i get the logcat log from the s7 edge? thank you for you answers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
can anyone help us to figure it out? Thx!

motorsep
Rising Star

yizhang said:

You still didn't specify what SoC your phone has, Snapdragon or Exynos.

Do you use masked materials ? (alphatest)

Anonymous
Not applicable

motorsep said:

yizhang said:

You still didn't specify what SoC your phone has, Snapdragon or Exynos.

Do you use masked materials ? (alphatest)

Hello Motorsep, thx for ur reply.
Our s7 edge is Snapdragon. and no masked materials.
not sure what is the reason cos the same apk files working well in all other mobiles except S7.
and not crash for first time.

motorsep
Rising Star

yizhang said:

Hello Motorsep, thx for ur reply.
Our s7 edge is Snapdragon. and no masked materials.
not sure what is the reason cos the same apk files working well in all other mobiles except S7.
and not crash for first time.

Well, different phones have different SoC and thus drivers. Could be an issue with GPU drivers specific to S7 Snapdragon SoC. 

There was another bug report related to UE4. Same kind of phone and same kind of  crash. I don't know why Oculus hasn't investigated it yet (it's been a while since it was reported originally)

alfredchen
Honored Guest
I met the similar crash on Note4, just crash the first time.

motorsep
Rising Star

I met the similar crash on Note4, just crash the first time.

Note 4 is Snapdragon as I recall.

I am not sure why this issue hasn't been fixed yet. Maybe because Samsung sees Gear VR as movies/pics device and not really anything else (and movies don't crash).

Here is a similar issue: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/38779/major-crash-when-using-masked-materials-on-s7-with-snapdragon-soc

You might want to make test case .apk and send it to @vrdaveb