cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Stand alone & Unity editor instance together for multiplayer testing.

TJvrDev
Level 2
I'm working on a multiplayer game and I would like to find a way to deploy a standalone version that does connect to the oculus rift and the unity version that doesnt. Currently when I run both stand alone and Unity editor, only one will run at a time. The other freezes until the app is clicked, then the view from my oculus rift switches to the other view. I'm sure I can simply just remove the OVR components and add a new camera but I was seeing if there was a better solution.
1 REPLY 1

TJvrDev
Level 2
The use case was for testing multiplayer using a single computer/Oculus rift. I needed to seamlessly run multiple instances of the same application at once. The problem I faced was that each application would not run unless the window was currently selected. The solution I found was to create a check for if VR or isnt based on what was set in the inspector. If VR isnt enabled then I would spawn a test prefab that doesnt connect to the oculus rift but had controls using mouse and keyboard. If VR was enabled, then spawn my oculus prefab that does connect to the oculus rift. This solution allowed me to run multiple instances of the same at simultaneously but only one is connected to the oculus rift. This did enable me to test my multiplayer logic so it worked out.