cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Use per eye camera" mode not working on Oculus Quest (URP)

RiccardoAxed
Explorer
Hi,
according to the thread title, I'm trying to use the "Use per eye camera" mode on the Oculus OVRCameraRig in order to visualize pre-rendered stereo images on the Quest, both on picture and video, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.

If I make a build with this option checked - and given that in editor it has no issues at all - the app starts showing the splash screen, then it simply switches indefinitely on a black screen, or alternatively it shows the splash screen image flickering on black. The app is not freezing or crashing, it seems to work well indeed, except that it renders nothing. On the contrary, the single camera mode (aka "use per eye camera" option unchecked) works without problems.

I first noticed this problem on Unity 2020.1.9, in an URP project, then I updated to 2020.1.13 and to Unity 2020.1.14, both with the Oculus XR plugin 1.5.0 and 1.6.1, and making a brand new test project, but without success.

The issue is very easy to reproduce, just:

- Create a new project with the URP template.
- Switch it to Android.
- Import the XR Plug-in management, the Oculus XR Plugin and the Oculus Integration package.
- Drag an drop the OVRCameraRig prefab from the Oculus/VR/Prefabs folder to the SampleScene.
- Select the "Use per eye camera" option on the OVRCameraRig object (OVRCameraRig script).
- Build and upload to the Quest.

Have somebody else experienced this issue, or have you some hints about it?

Here's a short video showing the effect:

https://gfycat.com/windingsoupygalapagossealion
4 REPLIES 4

RiccardoAxed
Explorer
Just built the same test project in Unity 2020.1.15 and the double camera issue is still there.

Any hints?

RiccardoAxed
Explorer
Issue still there in Unity 2020.1.16, Oculus XR plugin 1.6.1. and Oculus Integration 23.

I reported it as a bug to Unity team for a week now but, boy, I'm rather exasperated by the total lack of support here. I think what I'm reporting is a major flaw in Oculus-Unity integration and I hadn't a single sign of life here.

dev_cm
Explorer
Having the same issue right now, and found your thread in the unity forum (I would love to share the link here but the forum does not allow it so you have to google for: "Use per eye camera" mode not working on Oculus Quest (URP)). Since it was marked as "resolved" and "closed" I downloaded also the latest unity Version 2020.1.16f1 + Oculus XR plugin 1.6.1 + OVRPlugin 1.52.1 but still ran into the same problem.

A message from the support team regarding this issue would be great!

RiccardoAxed
Explorer
I finally tried the test project on Unity 2020.2.1 and apparently the double camera rig issue is gone now.