cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus stuck on "Loading UE4..." after update

mobkon
Honored Guest
My project has been working great with Oculus since development a couple years ago. Now with the most recent Oculus update, when I launch VR in UE4, inside the Oculus its stuck in the white grid area with a window that shows the UE4 logo and it just says "Loading..." and never loads.

Doesn't seem anyone else is having this problem. I literally only updated the Oculus drivers when prompted. It worked fine before that. Anyone have an idea?
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem briefly but after restarting my workstation it was working ok again. (also check your gpu drivers are up to date)

mobkon
Honored Guest

I had the same problem briefly but after restarting my workstation it was working ok again. (also check your gpu drivers are up to date)

Hey thanks for the reply, but I've tried all of those things already unfortunately. Problem is really making me insane considering no one else seems to have the same issue. 

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
No clue what the problem could be. Just guessing:
Disable the splash screen?
Test from a new empty project?
Delete Intermediate and Saved folders?
Package project and try with the Exe?
Start the Packaged Exe from Renderdoc and see what happens there?

Always %^^#@ when something like this happens after updating UE or Oculus or Quest or Nvidia drivers or .....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you specify a bit more what you mean by: "when I launch VR in UE4" as I was meaning doing a "Preview in VR" but maybe you are talking about something else? Also mention the UE4 version in case it's connected?

syavne
Honored Guest
I'm stuck here as well.

Unreal Editor 4.25.3
New Project -> Games -> Virtual Reality (all defaults)

When I click on VR mode, all I see in the Oculus Rift S is the UE4 Editor with the loading message. If I click Play -> VR mode a window opens and I can interact with the mouse but the same loading message persists in the Oculus Rift.

Everything up to date, attempted to fix with driver re-installation and restarts but no change. Using an Nvidia 2070 Super, an i7 CPU and 16 GB of RAM.

mobkon
Honored Guest

Could you specify a bit more what you mean by: "when I launch VR in UE4" as I was meaning doing a "Preview in VR" but maybe you are talking about something else? Also mention the UE4 version in case it's connected?

Its happening in versions 4.23 and also when I tried to upgrade to 4.25. It only started happening when I was forced to update my Oculus drivers. 

I'm pressing "Preview in VR". Wasn't aware there was another way to play your project in VR mode within UE4? I'm sorry I thought that was clear, my mistake. 

@@syavne 

Have you figured anything out? We're having the exact same issue. 

syavne
Honored Guest
@mobkon
I got it working but I had to delete my previous project, the new one has no issues. My guess is something went wrong while creating the project and somehow it got corrupted. Right now I'm just starting and worried because I found no way to find out what happened.

Maybe it is worth mentioning, SteamVR starts when I open Unreal Engine and not the Oculus application. I don't know if this confused the engine somehow but now I'm manually opening the Oculus application before Unreal Engine, just in case.

mobkon
Honored Guest

syavne said:

@mobkon
I got it working but I had to delete my previous project, the new one has no issues. My guess is something went wrong while creating the project and somehow it got corrupted. Right now I'm just starting and worried because I found no way to find out what happened.

Maybe it is worth mentioning, SteamVR starts when I open Unreal Engine and not the Oculus application. I don't know if this confused the engine somehow but now I'm manually opening the Oculus application before Unreal Engine, just in case.

Interesting. I just realized that when I would start UE4 (with any project, even if it wasn't VR) the Steam VR window would pop up and run alongside Oculus. Now, since the updated Oculus drivers, SteamVR doesn't load when I launch my UE4 projects anymore. Though If I try to manually start SteamVR, my project still doesn't work in VR unfortunately. Im still getting the "Loading UE4" window in the Oculus white grid space.

UPDATE: Starting a new project in VR works perfectly fine. Now to figure out how to fix this...

UPDATE 2: Ended up migrating my old project over to a new project and it works. Though some engine plugins broke for some reason, but I dont think thats related to this issue. Seems like there was an issue in the Config files, because if I copied over the Config folder from the old project to the new project, it doesnt work.