cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE4 / Quest / Vulkan - Proper Render/Project Settings?

RapidTD
Level 2
Tried creating a simple test project with both the Oculus UE4 branch and Epic's latest 4.22 branch and if I enable Vulkan (ES2 and ES3.1 work fine ) I always get a crash on application launch. Tried all the settings I could find across the various Oculus and Epic documentation. Does anyone have this working currently that could share their basic project settings? Is it just broke in 4.22?

Thanks
34 REPLIES 34

MaxArch
Level 7

motorsep said:

MaxArch said:

Tested Vulkan .... The purple glitches are still present so I don't see any reason to switch in 4.24.

Has Oculus responded to your bug report (if you ever made one) ?

I never reported this - I think I read more reports on the forums about this so never bothered. Will see if I can replicate it with Suntemple so they can investigate.

motorsep
Level 8

MaxArch said:

I never reported this - I think I read more reports on the forums about this so never bothered. Will see if I can replicate it with Suntemple so they can investigate.

It seems that's what everyone thinks - the other guy already/will report it 🙂 No wonder these bugs never get fixed.

user_9486952879
Level 2
Almost a year later here, and still experiencing vulkan performance and stability issues. Getting huge framerate hits when playing videos using the media player (dropping down to 20-30fps) and also occasionally getting random crashes, sometimes from startup and sometimes during runtime. So still not ideal with 4.25.3

ClonedPuppy
Level 3
I wonder why it's so difficult for either oculus or unreal to just post these few settings in a simple and explanatory way. Every time there is an update, we have to spend hours looking through forums for suggestions which *might* work. It's really quite frustrating. Is vulkan working or not? Is arm v7 or v8 recommended? Multiview, Round Robin, Instanced VR? Shall we keep them on or off, because in some builds they work great, others cause issues.

Just updated to 4.26 and here we go again, crash'o'rama. Blah, like the quest is not frustrating enough to dev for.

Hi, did anyone successfully run Vulkan on a UE4 quest project since ?