cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRC.Quest.Functional.9 - How to map Oculus Home Button

Motanum
Protege

Hi!

I am in the process of App Review, and it just failed due to VRC.Quest.Functional.9.

• The user's forward orientation is not reset when the Oculus Home button is long-pressed.

But the Documentation at Oculus Controller Input Mapping does not have a reference to Oculus Home Button.

How do I get an event in order to execute the Forward Orientation function (Which my game already supports, just in another binding)

15 REPLIES 15

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

I'm asking around, but to my knowledge this is an OS level operation and shouldn't require game side configuration.

Have you tested it and it doesn't work? Does the home button open the system menu on short press?

Motanum
Protege

Yes, I've tested it and it doesn't work. The System menu does show up on short press.

I am now scared that this could be related to the way the Pawn is configured? Gonna have to make some empty projects and launch them with the quest app and look for differences...

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

Are you using "Set Tracking Origin" set to "Stage"? I'm told it won't re-center with that enabled.

pro_zac_0-1660168861547.png

Motanum
Protege

Nope. Calling the function in CPP and setting it to Floor origin.

image.png

The only other reference to SetTrackingOrigin() is in the LIV plugin code.

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

I'm running out of ideas. When you test re-centering, are you using room-scale guardian or stationary? If you're using stationary, try with room-scale to see if it makes any difference. With tracking origin set to floor, it shouldn't matter, but I'm curious.

Motanum
Protege

I use Room Scale guardian. I rarely use stationary (only when too lazy to set up room scale).

Ive tried the following to no avail.

• Disable the LIV plugin
  • Disable OpenXR and OpenXR Oculus, and only use Oculus Plugin
  • Disable Oculus Plugin and only use OpenXR and OpenXR Oculus plugins
  • Disable a VR Correction feet function in my Pawn

I guess now is to create a new empty project and see what happens.

Motanum
Protege

Seems like Set Track Origin is not working. It is always as staged.

Motanum_0-1660253183355.png

Code

Motanum_1-1660253391584.png

That would explain why it won't recenter.

What XR API do you have set in Oculus XR Plugin? Have you tried changing it?

I'd recommend "OVR Plugin OpenXR", but if that isn't working try Legacy.

If you build the engine, you could try setting a breakpoint in Engine\Source\Runtime\HeadMountedDisplay\Private\HeadMountedDisplayFunctionLibrary.cpp on around line 268 to see what is happening. You'll need to attach with AGDE in Visual Studio or Oculus Debugger in VSCode.

So weird, when I use OculusLink and Steam VR, I do get back set as Floor Level. But when I package for Oculus Quest Stand alone, the issue comes up.

[2022.08.12-15.31.40:907][575]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_MRRPawn_C_0] GET TRACKING ORIGIN: Floor Level

I am using OpenXR and Oculus OpenXR. Log Sample:

LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OpenXR
LogPluginManager: Mounting plugin OculusOpenXR
[2022.08.12-17.18.30:738][  0]LogOculusOpenXRPlugin: Loaded Oculus OpenXR Loader
[2022.08.12-17.18.30:913][  0]LogShaderLibrary: Display: Running without a pakfile and did not find a monolithic library 'OpenXR' - attempting disk search for its chunks
[2022.08.12-17.18.30:913][  0]LogShaderLibrary: Display:    ....  not found
[2022.08.12-17.18.30:913][  0]LogShaderLibrary: Display: Running without a pakfile and did not find a monolithic library 'OpenXR' - attempting disk search for its chunks
[2022.08.12-17.18.30:914][  0]LogShaderLibrary: Display:    ....  not found
[2022.08.12-17.18.35:599][  0]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_MRRPawn_C_2147482526] GET TRACKING ORIGIN: Stage