cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adventure VR (Beta v1.9) SDK v0.4.1

rubixcube6
Level 3
Now with DK2 Support! SDK v0.4.1

Adventure, a game for the Atari 2600 video game console, was the very first action-adventure video game. I'm a big fan of the classics! I wanted to remake an old game for VR and what better place to start than a game that sparked a genre. In case your still wondering what Adventure is, here's a video of the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqZ5eFEdDU&t=0m19s

I'm planning on releasing level by level betas when I Finnish them. The Easter egg won't be in level one (because its not in the original game's level one) but I am going to include it in level 2 and 3.

This is a Beta version of level one only. Please let me know if you run into any issues or glitches.
Download here (Windows): AdventureVR.zip (Beta V1.9)

*New in v1.9* Updated to SDK v0.4.1

*New in v1.8* Automatic re-centering.

Objective: Find the enchanted chalice and return it to the yellow castle.

-- Keyboard Controls --
Space: Start Game (main menu), Drop Items
WSAD keys: Move
Mouse: Turn
Shift: Run

-- Joystick Controls --
A, B, X, or Y: Start Game (main menu), Drop Items
Left stick: Move
Right stick: Turn
Left Trigger: Run

41 REPLIES 41

rubixcube6
Level 3

Whoa that was fast, Rubix you are an absolute star. A well deserved first Awesome on the new forum.  

I am pretty excited to see this in the CV1. Do you still own a VR headset?  

@zboson Is this what you need to build the CV1 version?

Thanks! Yea, I just don't have the time to do it myself so why not open source it. 🙂 I have a DK1, DK2, CV1 and an "Innovator Edition" gear VR. Also I pre-ordered the Touch controllers as soon as I could!

zboson said:

@Luciferous

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted! I have loaded it into Unity5. It has some errors right now. I will see if I can get it working this week.

Yea I figure there would be a few errors since its from such an old version of unity and I wasn't that good at scripting compared to now. Looking back at the code now, it was kind of a big mess. lol If I were to re-do it, I would convert all scripts to C# and be smarter about the way some scripts depend on others. It may not have to come to that but if you do go that rout, be sure to keep the core functionality the same. Let me know if you have any questions.

rubixcube6
Level 3
*edit*

for some reason it deleted my reply the other day When I tried to make an edit so I re-posted. Now its back somehow so no need for this post.