cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber Quest Leaderboard Cheating

Crazy_Sane
Superstar
After months of exhausting practice, I've come to realise that some people are cheating the Beat Saber leaderboards on the Quest. Now before you make the assumption that I'm just salty because I'm not that good at Beat Saber, I have some of the top scores on the Quest. But I must admit, none of them are on Expert+. I'm not a god!
The reason I know people are cheating is because their scores are far above the maximum possible score achievable for a given song/ difficulty. The formula to calculate the approximate max score is as follows:

Number of blocks x max swing score x max combo x max modifier bonus = max score

Written another way: number of blocks x 115 x 8 x 1.19 = max score.

This is approximate because it doesn't take into account the time it takes to build up to the max combo, so the actual figure would be a little less.

But there are leaderboard scores that far exceed this maximum, which ruins it for all of the honest players that have put in so much time and effort to get where they are on the leaderboards. I've contacted Oculus Support and tried to contact the Beat Saber devs, but my words have fallen on deaf ears.

OK, it may be difficult to weed out the cheats, but when it's that obvious, why are they allowed to remain #1. I don't think the cheats should be banned from playing BS, but they should at least be banned from the leaderboards.

If you'd like to see examples of what I'm talking about, check out "$100 Bills", "Crab Rave" or "Epic" on normal difficulty and do the maths yourself.

I'd love to hear from the Quest community about this topic. Am I the only one that cares?
40 REPLIES 40

NekoJCat
Explorer

100 dollar bills, on easy, 

Edit: Did some in depth math

2×115×1×1.19=237.7
4×115×2×1.19=1,094.8
8×115×4×1.19=4,379.2
142×115×8×1.19=155,461.6
Total is 237.7+1,094.8+4,379.2+155,461.6
= 161,209.3

Lowest score on board is,   head-red 162,217

There are not tons, but there is literally one of these on 100 dollar bills,   the highest you can get on 100 dollar bills is 161, 000

But the top five spots range    200,000 - 600-000

Icon420
Honored Guest

They're likely not cheating but turning on modifiers that increase the max score. For example, if you turn on faster song and ghost notes you get 19% bonus on your score.

Dooder80
Explorer

I am feeling the same but have you taken account for the modifiers which increase your percentage points earned 

I did some math for the songs actually taking into account the x2 x4 x8  plus heaviest modifications

I can tell you,  even if they hit every note with perfect 115,  and never missed,   a lot of the scores on quest definitely go over the max possible by a lot.

I did some math on several songs,  when i checked most of the leaders were above maximum possible,   even if they hit perfect 115 and never missed    with the heaviest modifications active

I saw a glitch on my scoreboard today score in front of mine better ranking with a lower score  I think it might be glitchy

Dooder80
Explorer

I care!  makes you wonder what your real ranking would be with cheats/glitch.  Such a great game!  I’m sure it’s a money maker invest on cleaning up your game beatsaber! 

I have also seen this, but only once.

CoolAshMonster
Honored Guest

Okokokok yes I finally found someone else questioning this!!!!!! I’m not that good either; The closest I’ve come to getting on the leaderboard is that I’m nine points away but that’s on easy mode lmao. But hey I might not be able to get on the leaderboards but at least I can play expert +. But yeah people are getting 100,000’s of points ahead of the max possible scores so I’m like… ok what???? HELP. THIS ISNT FAIR.