cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo Arena Nausea vs Lone Echo

R0land
Protege
Hi all,

I keep hearing how great Lone Echo is but I am very susceptible to nausea. So I thought I would test out Echo Arena. Unfortunately I lasted through the tutorial and about 3 minutes in the hub before I felt nausea coming on. 

Is the motion in Echo Arena indicative of what I'll get in Lone Echo?

Thanks. 
9 REPLIES 9

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It's the same movement mechanic between both games. Movement in Lone Echo is typically a little slower than Echo Arena (like the tutorials, which are straight out of Lone Echo), but that doesn't make it less nauseating. I actually find Echo Arena more comfortable.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

R0land
Protege
Thanks for the reply!

The tutorial seemed ok and I thought maybe it would magically be ok for me but fast movement was definitely a no go. 

I'll hold off on it for now and see if I get my VR legs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would recommend that you condition yourself with short 15 minute sessions and see if you can build up a bit of a tolerance to it. I cant garuntee results since everybody is different. But I understand where you're coming from because simulation sickness is very real. Also if you were not already Standing I would suggest that too because I originally played seated. If you can sort of stand and actively move and try to counteract that confusion between your mind and body, It can, along with conditioning, get the brain accustomed to it. Hope you find a solution.

respectfully,
-EP

Telorn
Expert Protege
I lasted about 30 mins in Echo Arena and had to stop. Just bought Lone Echo. Also bought some ginger drops. Let you know if it helps.

Alex_AT
Explorer
Well, my brain is (or should I now say, was) also quite susceptible to nausea. It took me up to outer space to accomodate to Lone Echo, but after I've accomodated (had to just sustain appearing nausea and continue playing) most of the symptoms are gone. I can even now move quite fast and rotate freely without having any issues. So this game definitely helps you stabilize your brain 🙂

R0land
Protege
Good to know.  I should probably give it some time every day maybe.

Telorn
Expert Protege
Played a lot of lone echo over the weekend. Several hour sessions. Didn't really have any issues. The ginger drops definitely helped. I found the handheld jetpack outside the station. Now that is a way to condition yourself. But fun blasting through space on a 360 pivot.

R0land
Protege
So ginger drops?  Like a candy?  

Telorn
Expert Protege
yeah. I only took as needed if I started to feel queasy and never needed more than 1 per session. 

It tastes somewhat like a fireball.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BH15K2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1